Buying my first nylon string cross-over guitar

Discussion in 'Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle' started by pfizer, Sep 2, 2017.

1. pfizer

pfizer SS.org Regular

Hey guys, need a bit of help deciding what to buy for my first nylon-string crossover.

I currently use a Taylor steel-string acoustic and a generic nylon string with a very wide neck. I was pointed over to a "cross-over" guitar, which apparently is a nylon string with a neck similar to a steel-string guitar.

Are there any suggestions on what I should be getting? My budget is 300-500 USD, so I'm currently thinking of the Yamaha NTX700. Also heard some good things about Cordoba guitars and Taylor, but they're way out of my price range.

Edit: My reason for buying one is that I've recently gotten a pretty bad injury on my fretting hand and am having trouble with my steel string. I tried playing my nylon string and while it does the job for the most part, playing thumb-over-neck chord voicings is pretty much impossible for me since I have small hands.

2. Stan P

Stan P SS.org Regular

Takamine!!! Old Japanese! NTX is also nice.