Bugera Tri Rec

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Merge, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Merge

Merge SS.org Regular

Has anyone on here tried the new Bugera amp?? I've read a lot of reviews, and watched some demos on Youtube, and it seems like a decent amp. The Guitar Centers in my area aren't carrying any of them, so I can't play one. Anybody have any thoughts??

2. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

I played the bugera 333xl(is that the triple rec?) and I honestly wasn't impressed. I was playing through a crappy cab, but still not blown away

3. Merge

Merge SS.org Regular

The Tri Rec is their version of the Triple Recto.

4. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

Not that bugera aren't good especially at their price point but I've gotten rid of every bugera I've ever owned (333xl, 1990, 6262) cause I just don't jive with them. Just my two cents

5. Merge

Merge SS.org Regular

Like I said, the reviews have all been very good. I appreciate the input.

6. exarchangel

exarchangel Guitarist

I've heard goods and bads about it.

(FOR THE RECORD- I run a bugera 6262 infinium in my live rig)

Ola Englund's review of it had it sounding kinda crappy, but Fluff's review had it sounding beastly....

I'm not sure man... I personally don't like the triple rec sound, I find it too fuzzy for my liking, but all the internet will tell you about Bugera is bad.

I love my amp, and I get it to sound WAY better than anyone else's that I've heard live, I see no reason why the trirec wouldn't be equally as awesome

7. cGoEcYk

cGoEcYk SS.org Regular

It looks like for the new price you can get a triple rec used, or at least a dual.

8. Mega-Mads

Mega-Mads Not an IMN

Sometimes i wish that i lived in the states. A used triple rec costs around 2500 dollars over here

9. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Just grab a used Dual Recto from GC Used, you can find them for under $1k pretty regularly and they'll ship them for free to the closest GC to you. A real Recto, besides being built out of better components, will also hold its value MUCH better, so if/when you decide to move on to something different you won't be stuck with an amp you'll be lucky to get $300 for.

Pay the extra $200 for the Mesa, you won't be disappointed.

10. Merge

Merge SS.org Regular

I have a Mesa Single Recto right now, I was looking to add to my amp collection. I like the Mesa, it has a great sound. I was originally in the market for a Bogner, but my wife wasn't ok with me spending 3K on an amp, lol.

11. Merge

Merge SS.org Regular

Anyone else want to chime in??

12. dedsouth333

dedsouth333 That one dude...

I've heard some good tones come from the Tri Rec on youtube and considered getting one for a bit until I heard about some Bugera reliability issues. That kind of scared me away from them. Although they may have cleared all that up. I truly don't know.

13. Merge

Merge SS.org Regular

I haven't read much on reliability issues, but I'll have to do some research on that.

14. dedsouth333

dedsouth333 That one dude...

From what I remember it was from earlier models (especially the pre-xl days). When I was looking at the Trip Rec they were still really new so there wasn't much out about them yet except for a few reviews. Like I said though, I personally liked the tones people were getting from them.

15. viesczy

viesczy SS.org Regular

I'll chime in.

I had one from zZounds, got it to be a cheap version of my Road King II to keep @ my GF's place.

Sounded AWESOME on the gain side. The cleans weren't as good as the Road King, mostly due to the different options the Road King offers that it didn't, but as a clean channel is was a good channel.

About 20 hours into its life & right before the 30 day mark, the gain channels went belly up. Sounded like I lost a pre-amp tube, thin/tinny/no volume. I replaced all the tubes (pre-amp and power) w/o fixing the problem. I returned the amp to zZounds.

I currently am waiting on a replacement from them, the $ spent isn't a great deal (they beat MF's price) and for when it worked the Trirec sounded really good. My 333XL (again @ my GF's to give me a XXX type amp for far less than the new cost) has been going strong now for over 3 years and sounding great, so that is why I'm going to try another Trirec as there always is an infant mortality %.

If it was my main amp, I'd be a STEAMED clam, but it is just a "clone" amp to have @ my GF's for when I 'need' the Mesa tone so I'm not a steamed clam, just a disappointed one. Yeah, I returned the amp 2 months ago.

Derek

16. Merge

Merge SS.org Regular

Thanks for the input, viesczy.

17. op1e

op1e Blood_Lust:Unlimited

With shitty glass and bad cab no amp sounds good. Try Sam Ash, they seem to carry Bugera stuff. At least last time I made a visit. The up side of the recto copy is built in midi. But if I'm getting up in the 800-1k range I'd rather get the EVH or real thing. The 333xl is a good amp, and at $600 the most I'd spend on a Bugera. I'm still probly gonna get one of these to take over for my Ultra 120, mainly for the seperate EQ's and ability to run different power tubes.

18. viesczy

viesczy SS.org Regular

Forgot to mention, the review on zzounds site is mine.

Derek

19. petersenb9

petersenb9 SS.org Regular

I hated the 333, but the 6260 was ok, I was just put off by the reputation Bugera had for being unreliable.