Bugera 6262 Infinium?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by RockerAlex, Aug 18, 2011.

1. RockerAlex

RockerAlex SS.org Regular

Sup guys, been thinking about grabbing one of these amps but them seem to been an absolute pain in the ass to get your hands on one in the UK, specifically Northern Ireland.

Has anybody else got one of these amps in the UK that can recommend me how to go about buying one? Everywhere I've phoned just say they're impossible to get, apparently. :S

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

From what I understand they're going to be very hard to get a hold of since the FCC (as well as the EU's version) are going over them still. It's looking like Bugera is turning into quite the quagmire.

3. RockerAlex

For what reason are they "going over" them?

They seem to be available for pre-order through DV247, but I don't know if I should trust that or not.

4. MobiusR

MobiusR Thall, that is all

"going over" = Making sure they arent exact replicas of the actual amp for example. But i heard the Infinium and The TriRec/Magician is coming out november

5. RockerAlex

Strange, I read the Infinium is already out ... now I'm just confused.

6. nonr

nonr SS.org Regular

Infinium heads are not out yet. Trirec and Magician hit the stores around November and the others a bit earlier around October. Got that info on the Bugera Amps Facebook page.

7. markbolwell54

markbolwell54 SS.org Regular

I've had the normal 6262 and the 6262 infinium on pre order with DV247 since May! They have basically given up now and just told me that they haven't got a clue when they will have them!

I have tried everywhere with no luck so your best best is 2nd hand on Ebay. Even Thomann cant get them and their buying power must be massive.

I have given up as I managed to score a 6505 for a good deal and have cancelled my pre order with DV247.

8. Albionic

Albionic First of the magi

i gave up on the 6262infinium i had on order with dv247 and bought a 333xl they had in their b-stock section. when i emailed behringer they said the models were not out and even they had no idea when they would be.
    although that dosen't explain the lack of the non infinium models
    i think legal issues might be to blame

9. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

IMO they have them on pre-order because they will sell them at some point, but no one knows when. I just don't think anyone expected it to take this long.

I would like to try a TriRec...

BUT seeing as they copied other amps in the past (which don't seem to be for sale at stores in this country), i cant see these actually coming out until next year. That is just my guess...considering i have been waiting a year already :lol:

I'm down for copying an amazing amps sound...but don't make an exact clone...

Would i like a cheap Mesa yes...but this is why Mesa patents everything they make...so cheap replicas don't pop up over night. Plus you don't actually get the 'joy' per say of owning a Mesa

:2c:

10. RockerAlex

Is there enough sound quality difference between the 6262 and 6262 Infinium? If not then should I just get a regular 6262 head?

11. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

The FCC doesn't care if they're exact replicas, they test them for electrical safety and radio emissions and if you don't meet the standards you can't sell them in the US. The EU has a body that does the same thing.

12. ShadowFactoryX

ShadowFactoryX OMNIHILITY

the infinium is a functional feature, and does not affect sound

13. RockerAlex

So I see no reason to wait for the Infinium, if a regular 6262 will sound the same. Thanks!

14. James7321

James7321 SS.org Regular

I think the whole point of the infinium is to prologue the life of the tubes. You can also mix and match tubes because it sorts all the bias for you, Pretty handy feature if a tube blows mid gig. The sound isn't affected in any way but you save a fair bit of cash in the long run due to longer tube life and not having to buy matched sets. I'm also looking to buy this amp but am torn between this and the 333XL. Anyone have any experience with them both?

15. Nesty

Nesty SS.org Regular

The 333xl is a clone of the peavey JSX. More dark sounding than the 6262, slightly more low end. I'd say it's also more versatile if you're looking to play thrash type bands as well as teh br00talz metalcore.

The 6262 is a clone of the 5150/6505. Tones of gain like the 333xl. Very mid heavy. Not as good cleans as the 333 but better cleans than the peavey. Pretty much the bog standard amp for metalcore. I have one myself and I'm extremely happy with it.

So, 6262 for straight up metal, 333 for more versatility if you want to branch off to genre's such as blues and jazzz. Both very good amps IMO.

Hope this helps.

16. ShadowFactoryX

ShadowFactoryX OMNIHILITY

I can tell you more about the 333XL when mine arrives next week :D

17. Dark Aegis

Dark Aegis Wolves Of Walnutport

I thought the 333xl was a copy of the peavey triple x

18. Wookieslayer

Wookieslayer OOOAAARWWWRR

333 = XXX
    333XL = JSX

19. RockerAlex

I'll tell/show/let you all hear more about the Bugera 6262 with a Schecter Hellraiser C-8 in the very near future.