Broscience General

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by guitaardvark, Jun 13, 2014.

1. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

I'm not saying that every guy who wants to be big is a jock douche on an angry pussy hunt. I want to be big as well, but it's always made more sense to develop strength so that your size comes after. I want to look like a god damn house. But I want to be as strong as the bulldozer that knocks it down as well.

2. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

Yeah, you're sure to get both with time and dedication.

To your point, there are those guys that only do arms and shoulders, we've all been urked by them at the gym :lol:. No legs, no barbells, no full-body lifts of any kind :noplease:.

3. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

This can be very true.
    That's one reason I'm a big believer in pushing/pulling as hard as possible on every single rep, from a stopped position.

I've seen so many guys (usually because they're after a certain rep number) coasting through 3/4 of the set, and not really becoming 100% engaged until the final 2-3 reps. IMO that's just wasting the first 5-8 reps, in a way.
    I've always figured that if the weight is too light to safely explode, then add more weight.

4. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

That's why I love squatting. When done correctly, every rep is like a singular exercise in itself. It's really hard to springboard yourself off of yourself.

And yeah, guys who don't work legs are the worst types of humans. Don't get me wrong, my legs aren't big, but I've got pretty decent quad and calf definition, and they're solid as rocks. It's quite apparent when a guy is benching 315 and his legs are smaller than mine that there's been more than one skipped leg day. :lol: