British girl stabbed in the eye for her love of AC/DC

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by steve777, Aug 30, 2006.

1. steve777

steve777 SS.org Regular

This type of shit infuriates me beyond belief.

Schoolgirl 'stabbed for love of AC/DC'

(Filed: 30/08/2006)

A teenager who was stabbed in the eye during her school lunch break said a "gang mentality" singled out pupils for their music and fashion tastes.

The 15-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, narrowly escaped losing her sight in the attack last November.

She had been the victim of a string of attacks, threats and had even received prank calls at home because she is what is known as "a metaler", Guildford Crown Court heard today.

But she said: "I mean, it's this gang mentality that my generation seems to insist upon and I want to stop it."

Watching the girl give evidence via video link, the jury heard how name-calling in the school canteen had escalated into an attack on the school playing fields.

Mimicking and threatening the girl while queuing to get into the canteen, the three defendants, all pupils at the same school, asked around for a pair of scissors with which they said they would cut off their victim's long hair, the court has heard.

The court was told they later approached her as she chatted with friends outside the school science block and one of the three girls launched the attack, stabbing her a number of times with the sharp scissor blades.

Today, the victim, who was left with several gashes which required stitches and still suffers from blurred vision, told how one of her tormentors came at her with the blade in her hand "like in the movie Psycho".

She described feeling the blade puncture her eyelid, an injury which required stitches and narrowly missed puncturing her eyeball, and, as she fell to the ground, she told of feeling further blows to her head and her back.

Three girls were charged following the offence. One faces a charge of wounding with intent as well as a lesser, alternative charge of section 20 wounding. Her two co-defendants face charges of perverting the course of justice after, it is claimed, they helped hide the scissors following the attack.

The victim explained in a police interview shown to the court how she had been "forced into a category" on her first day at the school.

"Somebody asked me on the first day what kind of music I listened to, so I said AC/DC."

She said that, as a result of this, she was told she was a "metaler" and found herself being shunned by other classmates.

All three girls deny the charges against them.

The case has been adjourned until tomorrow.

2. Naren

Naren OldschoolGhettostyle

What the...? :mad: I hope those 3 girls get sent to juvenile for a month or so and get their asses beat pretty bad in there.

3. D-EJ915

D-EJ915 Forum MVP

Good lord, that's terrible. I hope the metal gods come down and obliterate those anti-metal motherfuckers.

4. telecaster90

telecaster90 Smokestack Lightning Contributor

As much as I don't like AC/DC, that's easily the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

5. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
    you know what. this country has slowly been going to shit for the last ten years i have been here. i hope the little shits actually get something resembling a punishment, but judging by the usual liberal attitude towards scum that they have here, these prayhers will go unanswered.

i am seriously thinking about moving country.

6. BinaryTox1n

BinaryTox1n 1100001001

Is AC/DC even really that metal?

God knows what would've happened to her if she had said "Morbid Angel."

7. Naren

Naren OldschoolGhettostyle

They would have said "Who's that?" and she would have said "Oh, it's a death metal band :)" and they would have replied "I see... you're a metaller... you scum..."

Well, in the article, they kept calling her a "metaller", which is an incorrect term for "metal fans" (aka "metalheads"). They obviously don't know what's metal and what isn't.

Bands like Led Zeppelin are considered proto-metal. Bands like AC/DC and Guns And Roses are considered classic rock, but not metal. They are oftentimes listened to by metal fans, but technically they are not metal. AC/DC members themselves refer to their music as "rock and roll." I think that's a good term for it. The only thing metal about AC/DC is the singer's voice. Not bashing them or anything. Just sayin'...

8. Cancer

Cancer Cancer:The Crucifuct

My question is where are the metalhead dudes looking to kick some cheerleader ass??

9. steve777

steve777 SS.org Regular

You know, I'm not a hardcore AC/DC fan, but that doesn't I'm out hunting down every guy with a mullet and a comaro to stab them.

I just don't get this thinking. Things certainly have changed since I was in school, and not for the better. It's scary when you have kids going through school, whom you are trying to teach to be an individual, and make up their own minds about things, rather then conform to what is the popular opinion or group.

10. Roundhouse_Kick

Roundhouse_Kick SS.org Regular

+ 1 These sorts of horror stories seem to be appearing more and more frequently around here. Last year a lad from my town everyone knew and liked was attacked by a couple of chavs as he walked home from the rock club every1 goes to, and he died in hospital. He was 19 I think and on his way to university :noway:

The only thing keeping me from moving to cornwall is the complete lack of music scene there.

11. rogue

rogue metal is forever

yeh this country used to be great but its eally going down the shitter

12. Papa Shank

Papa Shank Be-otch

The UK : Criminal Safe Haven. I shit you not.

As for kids like the ones bullying that girl, frankly I think they need a good hiding. Put the fear of god in them so to speak.

13. Loomer

Loomer Comfortably Dumb

Someone should have theĆ­r breathing privileges withdrawn.

14. Michael

Michael Forum MVP

That's awful.

15. metalfiend666

metalfiend666 - Forum MVP

Having been through the UK education system this kind of thing is all too common and sadly doesn't surprise me. I was beaten up quite badly back in 1996 after England were knocked out of the European football championship by Germany. Why? My Great Grandfather was German, ergo I'm a Nazi (seriously they called me that!) and deserve to die.

I was attacked infront of some teachers and hit with the guys school bags, one of which even had an iron bar in it specifically bought in to beat me up with. The teachers broke it up as soon as possible, but I still had to have a few days off school.

So, having experienced that I'm still sad that things like this happen, but I'm not surprised. The girls that did it will probably just get a slap on the wrist too, English justice seems to have no teeth any more.

16. DelfinoPie

DelfinoPie Whoopsie Daisy! Contributor

Yeah it's all too common an occurance. My best mate had an iron bar thrown at him, hitting him in the back of the head, because he's part German...that was by some guys who were like 18 at the time and we were 12.

I got attacked by 3 guys for being part Irish and wearing an Ireland football shirt while walking home at 2am, fortunately I was able to hold my own and was able to walk away. Only one of them was willing to fight me over it, the other two were probably just trying to mug me...but either way the other guy came off worth but I still had my injuries.

I am hoping to get some money together after uni and I'm either moving to Cornwall (specifically Newquay) or out of the country all together.

17. Lozek

Lozek Desk Magnetic Contributor

I dunno dude, you get your fair share of scum in Newquay over the summer season for sure. Haven't been for a few years but I've heard it's getting worse.

Who's for finding an uninhabited enclave and starting a musicians retreat down there somewhere? :hbang:

18. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
    It doesn't exist does it? It's all about giving them tv's, cushy living conditions, short sentences and is a complete joke.

In fact, it is just getting worse, with more and more of this shit happenening. And meanwhile we have record levels of A and GCSE level passes? Yeah, I forgot, the kids have got smarter, right... Oh, and they can't count, can't spell for shit and can't do maths without a calculator. Is it really any wonder that so many are growing up to be complete ignoramuses if they've never been taught to use their brain?

I don't get it at all man ...

19. nitelightboy

nitelightboy I poop in shoes. Contributor

wtf?! Those kids need to get some serious punishment. THey could've killed that girl! And for what? Because they didn't like her taste in music? Fuck that!

20. maliciousteve

maliciousteve Lord Green Fingers Contributor

This kind of shit has been happening round my area for fucking years. I was beaten up when i was 11 by a 17 year drug addict because i had a BMX that i was taking back to the police and he wanted to try and make it out that i stole it and tried to get money out of me. Broke my nose, bruises all over my head and kind of a fear of going out.

A few years ago a guy was hit round the head with a metal pole just because he won a game of pool and the other guy got annoyed.

Then there's the girl who was in my school year at school who has been put away for a few years (that's right, A FEW YEARS, not life like it should be!) for taking part in raping a baby with her boyfriend. But she was considered a victim because her boyfriend apparently influenced her.

Then there's all the drug addicts walking the streets and hanging around the town who you just want to go up to and give a fucking good hiding. You can't even protect yourself any more, because you hurt some one and the other guy is considered a victim because of his bad up bringing that has caused him to take the money and possessions you worked hard for. Fuck that!

I've been considering moving out of the country since a very close friend of mine is moving the America for a few months to study, it's given me a drive to get the fuck out of here. But only when i think i'm ready to (and possibly leave my family behind which i'm not keen on )and can support myself.