Bowflex Max Trainer

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by NeubyWanKaneuby, Feb 17, 2017.

1. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby SS.org Regular

Anyone ever have/use one of these? The wife and I are really interested in it, but wanted to see if anyone out there had some experience with one.

Most of the professional reviews are just that, professional; so was hoping someone out there could give some pros/cons.

Thanks,
    Shane

2. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

3. NeubyWanKaneuby

It's got a small footprint and it's at my house vs the gym. Makes life a lot easier when I can just workout at home.

4. gnoll

gnoll SS.org Regular

What do you want to do with it? Just do cardio/burn calories? Isn't it more fun to go for a run outside? Besides, that's free.

5. NeubyWanKaneuby

Cardio/burn calories. I need something low impact, so running (although free) isn't a great option for me.

6. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

Can't you get a treadmill/crosstrainer/stationary bike for half the money in that case?

7. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

We have the Max Trainer M5. Let me put it to you this way, I hate stuff like this and my wife loves stuff like this and I've used it about 100 times more than her.

She used to do her elliptical religiously, but she just never gelled with this thing. I use it every once in a while, but it's really not my thing and apparently it isn't hers, either.

8. rifftrauma

rifftrauma Trapped in time...

My parents have one and I've used it probably 20 times during visits. Took 3 months for them to hang cloths on it. Much like the amazon reviews say it can be very noisy. I'm a pretty fit guy (I do P90X and have done Insanity and others) and for some reason I don't feel like the resistance scales well. The M5 version has computer controlled resistence so hopefully that's a little better. I don't believe their version had that feature.