BOSS MS-3: Multi-Effects Unit/ 3 Loop Switcher/ MIDI Controller

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Ludgate, Jun 1, 2017.

1. 0rimus

0rimus SS.org Regular

I really want this and plan on getting it, but has anybody heard anything about the pedalboard that Boss has it mounted on? Is it proprietary to Boss? It fits the MS-3, FV-30, and FS-7 perfectly really like to pick that up too, try and put an image... ms-3_image_01_gal.jpg

2. PBGas

PBGas SS.org Regular

This is great! Going to definitely be getting this one. Looks to be exactly what I need to make a smaller setup.

3. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

I paused on the bassists board within the video and found this website

http://www.custompedalboards.co.uk/product/cpb-boss-ms3-board-case/

The bassist is using their custom board, and the guitarists pedalboard outputs color scheme are identical, I'd dare say they are custom by the company above.

4. hvdh

hvdh SS.org Regular

Very interesting development!
    If the bank switching is fast and easy to execute the 4 buttons might be enough.
    When it is under €400 they might have another customer

5. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

Well, I've ordered this. Will get it in a few weeks!

6. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

would it be possible to get full review thread? im interested to see this doing amp channel switching and adding effects at the same time

7. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

Yup will do!

8. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

thats kinda the point of it

9. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

Yup it's quite simple for channel switching, you simply connect the cntrl - out to your amp switch input on the amp.

I've spent the night reading the applications guide/user manual. There's a setting on each patch that controls which state your cntrl out is at. This allows you to control amp channel selection and reverb on/off states. Very easy to set up.

10. El Caco

El Caco Djavli te ponesli Contributor

For those who were wondering about 4CM, you were right in assuming you would use one of the loops. I was really puzzled about this but it is actually really badass even for the guys with insane pedal boards if you combine this with other switchers such as the ES5.

How you use it would really depend on your budget, rig and needs but if you put your preamp (using 4CM) in loop 2 then that leaves loop 1 for pedals before your amp and FX you would normally have in your amps loop would go in loop 3. But if you had lots of personal pedals you wanted to use you could throw in other switchers like the ES5 in loop 1 and 3 and control the whole show with just the MS3.

For me this is exactly what I have been looking for. I'll end up using 4CM and add a pedal and my 2 button switch for more switching options and this will control the whole thing by Midi. I'll mostly use the inbuilt effects but knowing I can add others to the mix and grow my pedal board around this is really cool. This is the final piece of the puzzle of shifting from rack to the floor and having the same simple functionality I had when I used the GSP1101 with my E530 controlled by the GSP1101 using a midi switcher.

11. paulliddell

paulliddell SS.org Regular

Does anybody know if this will switch the channels/overdrive on a 6505+ head? If so, I really want one. I know it will need some kind of weird cable to connect to the footswitch input on the amp.

12. ElRay

ElRay Mostly Harmless

Looking at this has made me wonder about MIDI controlled, stereo amps/sims.

So far, all I've found is the Atomic Aplifire.

13. HateTank

HateTank SS.org Regular

Very close to pulling the trigger on this one. Would be able to eliminate my G major rack and foot channel switcher on my board. Much smaller set up for gigs. Looking forward to using it. 4CM for me I think. Pretty cool how you can add three separate loops and use what ever extra effects that are onboard to fill the holes. Noise suppression too.
    Bonus for me since it has midi control is I can use it with my new EVH III 50 Watt head and some custom boutique pedals all all with one press of a button