Borderlands Megathread - All things Borderlands

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by highlordmugfug, Aug 3, 2011.

1. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

Hope they market it better than Battleborn. That game had potential but never hit the marked right.

2. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Now that I beat BL2 and Tales, and pretty deep into Pre-Sequel, I'm more hyped than ever and also pretty invested into the story now.

Also, loot. Glorious loot.

I'm going through my next run through of BL2 and again, going through my first Pre-Sequel run, if anyone is still playing on PS4, PSN name is Ralyks03

3. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

Enjoying the hell out of Zombie Island right now- so far my favourite content, even though it is an add on. And I'm not overly into the zombie thing at all.

Its a fantastic shotgun fest!

4. jonajon91

jonajon91 New Picture

^BL1? That's a lot of fun to run with a revolver build, popping brains.

5. Ralyks

So apparently I finished Pre-Sequel last night without even realizing I was on the last mission. So now on my True Vault Hunter playthrough of both Pre-Sequel and BL2 (again, always looking for people to go loot hunting with). Think I may even grab a used copy of BL1 on PS3 so I can get the whole story (I seem to have started with Tales and worked my way backwards in the story).

6. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

I bet. But for me, zombies gotta be taken down with a shotgun.

Currently rocking Blast Bulldog- not the most damage, but 20 slugs per clip for insane trigger action...

Loving other game references too- just took down Raakanishu. Gave me a giggle that one!

7. Ralyks

Holy crap True Vault Hunter mode has been hard in BL2. And everyone mostly wants to play the story missions. I'm trying to do all of the side quests and I noticed you can't go back to some later. But man, even at level 40 with a full party I'm still getting my arse whooped.

Also, how do you get to the DLC content?

8. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

Just fast travel to the FT point that belongs to the dlc. I usually Google where I have to go first :lol:

9. Ralyks

Ok good. I'm also a sucker for trophies/achievements, and I definitely feel like this is a game I would put the effort into getting the Platinum.

But DAMN, True Vault Hunter is hard. Hate the see Ultimate Vault Hunter mode...

10. LiveOVErdrive

LiveOVErdrive SS.org Regular

Pre sequel was kind of fun. I played through it with my usual gaming group. The characters were pretty good and the whole Aussie-ness of it was enjoyable. But for whatever reason the combat didn't feel as insane as BL2. Seems like there were fewer mobs both in number and in type. And they didn't yell obscenities at you. Half the fun of combat in BL2 was hearing the baddies shout "I WANNA HEAT YOUR BABIES" or "IT'S TIME FOR DIE".

11. Murdstone

Murdstone Sycamore Trees

I've been grinding BL2 lately. OP5 Maya right now mainly with a new Salvador and Zero in TVHM.

12. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

Well. My first playthrough ov BL1 done. Still lots to complete here and there...

A game that generall got better and better as it went on..

13. thedonal

thedonal SS.org Regular

Damn- playthrough 2 is tough. And the New You regeneration is expensive!!

Oh- and I bought BL2 pre owned (£2.99!!). I just couldn't not..

Still loving all the Your Mam gags. Plus the references (I spotted the "would you kindly" in BL1 today- nice touch!!).

14. Ralyks

Just finished BL2 on TVHM... sadly the closest thing I got to a legendary drop was a Jacks mask skin. Level 50 now, think I'm going to go back and do all the side quests before going to Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. Was hoping to at least get a legendary shotgun or something...

15. Murdstone

Murdstone Sycamore Trees

Don't worry about it, your weapons become useless very quickly once you start UVHM unless you're getting carried by a Harold or the like.

16. Ralyks

I've noticed. UVHM is... holy crap, it's hard. I seriously feel like I won't last long unless I'm running with a full party. I still haven't done a run through conpleting all the side missions or any of the DLC stuff. I had one guy friend me randomly during a playthrough and well usually just drop into each other's games when we're on. But seriously, if anyone wants to run with me, please hit me up on PS4. I haven't been enthralled by a game like this in a long time.

17. Murdstone

Murdstone Sycamore Trees

I'd hit you up but I'm on Xbone. OP6 now. The thing I don't really love about the OPs is having to find the newest version of your weapon just to finish the next level without wanting to kill yourself. I just want to get to OP8 so I can farm and end up keeping the weapon I spent so long getting.

18. Ralyks

I've mostly been joining other peoples games, and most of them have been doing the DLC stuff, which has been quite interesting. Much more of a raid feel to them.

19. Ralyks

So I grabbed a copy of the GOTY edition of the first Borderlands for dirt cheap. Inter sting to play after being spoiled by the Handsome Collection in remastered glory. I started a Siren. For the heck of it, I started by hosting a public game to see if anyone still plays. Not even 5 minutes into the game, I had a full party join me. So that answers that.

As for BL 2, I started a Siren, but my Assassin is at level 60. Meanwhile, some gifted me some level 72 seraph and legendaries, an Omen shotgun and Bee and Sham shields among them. Sitting in my Vault, waiting for me to cap my character...
    Also wish I could score me a Conference Call...

20. Daf57

Daf57 5 7s in 4ths