Body Modification - Piercings/Tattoos etc

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by sidge428, Aug 21, 2010.

1. UnattendedGolfcart

UnattendedGolfcart SSO's Fat Mac

I love the thought of getting more tattoos. People will want the best artwork or meaning they possibly can when they get something, and that's why many tattoos take a lot of critical thought and planning, but that's all part of the fun. I like knowing that some tattoos I'll think through getting for years, and others I'll potentially get impulsively. To me it just demonstrates the dynamics of life, and I don't regret the tattoo I have now. It makes me happy, and even if one day I hate looking at it, I'll never be able to imagine not having it.

2. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

So, to join the military, my ears have to close enough to where no light shows through when I pull on the lobe. My left ear is all good, but my right is still a bit open. Any ideas from those who have closed theirs, or know someone who has? I don't want to spend $600 to get one sewn up if I don't have to. The manliest way I've heard of going about it is to get a sterilized razor and make a tiny incision around the inside of the hole and then super glue it shut. I could probably handle that, but want to exercise all other options before going that far. :lol:

3. Forrest_H

Forrest_H How can she slap?

How far out did you stretch them?

4. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

1/2". They've been out for two months. My left only shows light when I fully stretch my lobe apart, but not when I just pull on it. The right still has maybe a 1mm visible line of light through it.

5. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

Try bio oil.

6. UnattendedGolfcart

I have some ideas that I want to share. I came up with them (as a whole) today, and think I might honestly get these done sooner than later.

First off, for months and months I've wanted a gypsy woman head tattoo, yet I wanted to customize it so that it looks like an elf woman who is a warrior-huntress, sort of an homage to World of Warcraft which was, and still is, an important part of my life. nerdy, I know. I was going to get her underneath my owl on my upper arm, but I didn't think there would be room. So today I decided that instead I will get her on my inner upper right arm, where she can have more of a body and be more appropriately decked out in armor and stuff my nerd side will love.

Secondly, today I had my great grandmother's funeral. When my mother was speaking about her, she explained that she always had a fondness for lighthouses, all sorts of designs for them. I impulsively went up to speak about how I respected that my great grandmother always wanted people to do what she thought was the right thing, sometimes even forcefully. Most of the time, her opinion on what was a good idea usually was right. She never had an ulterior motive to what she did, she just genuinely wanted people to make good, healthy decisions. I thought that that was what lighthouses do, they guide people. Even if they aren't themselves making the decision, they try to shine a light and inform others of where is best to go for them, even if it's hard to do that. So I decided around the side of my owl, on the back of my right arm, I'm going to get a lighthouse. It's going to have waves crashing up against it and a few cracks in it, but it will still stand strong. This is the only tattoo I've actually really decided I want to get that has a solid meaning. It'll symbolize my family.

So those are my two main ideas. I thought I'd share. I'd get them to all form together with my owl and have a half sleeve. I might get another small piece under my owl, like a mandala, for some added detail and to fill in space.

I also seriously considered getting the last verse of Tandem by Protest The Hero tattooed on my right side:

Saints walk the earth, they don't patrol the skies
    They're the people right behind you riding tandem through the night
    It's the comfort that's discovered between two sets of eyes
    It's the hand that stills the other that shakes like candlelight

I don't know if I will but I've toyed with that idea for years, and it's the only set of lyrics I've ever seriously considered. I wholeheartedly believe in the verse though, I don't really believe in an afterlife, and even if I do down the road, I'll still treat this life as the only one we have.

Thoughts on any of these?

7. asher

asher So Did We

The lighthouse is awesome.

The elf could be too, with the right artist, but the poignancy of the light house resonates with me a lot more :lol:

8. UnattendedGolfcart

Glad to hear it! :)

The elf is more for me, I'm just a giant fantasy nerd and I want to dedicate my body to fantasy tattoos. I found a new tattoo gallery in my town and the artists there do some of the best work I've ever seen, so I'd talk to them about both.

9. asher

asher So Did We

:yesway:

Of course provide pictures here if anything happens!

10. UnattendedGolfcart

I shall! It'll either happen in the next two weeks or it won't happen until like Christmas :lol:

Here is my owl btw

Attached Files:

11. thrsher

thrsher \m/-_-\m/

Newest addition to my collection done by Paul booth. Shiity pics do no justice. Left is with flash. Some of you metalheads should recognize what this is from[​IMG]

12. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Looks like a possessed Billy Idol?

13. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Looks more like Willem Defoe to me.

14. thrsher

thrsher \m/-_-\m/

15. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I never would've guessed Pig Destroyer in my life :lol:

16. Nile

Nile Giver of the Likes

This.

17. Carrion Rocket

Carrion Rocket Registered Lurker

18. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Went and got my lobes sewn up last night. Still bandaged, so no pictures yet. Relatively easy and fast process. I was given a local anesthetic (adrenaline and something I forget) in both ears, which burned for a second, but then made me totally numb. Then he cut the fistula out of each lobe, and then sewed them horizontally. Only took about 40 minutes.

19. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

This is my wife's newest.
    [​IMG]

After it heals she's gonna finish getting the shading done.

20. Watty

Watty Naturally Cynical

I don't mean to be an ass and this is a genuine question as I've been tossing around the idea of getting a tattoo....

....will the errors on the overall line work be corrected (or made less noticeable) once the artist goes back and shades the piece in?