Blowout from gauging my left ear...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Josh_Conlee, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Despised_0515

Despised_0515 Bassist of Redivider Contributor

Thank you.

As for why my lobes are at 1 1/8" after 3 years of healthy stretching: I just don't feel quite right without them. As cheesy as it sounds, they're "me". Same goes for the scar on my bridge. If it had never gotten to the point of scarring like it did, I'd feel naked and go get it re-pierced.

Half sleeve is up next.

EDIT: As for OP, yeah get that cut off.

2. signalgrey

signalgrey Ambiente Savante

thats called a keyloid and it is very easy to get rid of. Go to a dermatologist. They'll snip it off. done.

3. jeremyb

jeremyb SS.org Regular

4. Whitechapel7

Whitechapel7 SS.org Regular

you went up in size way to quick, ive done that too, size 18 to 8 in one night. not fun give your ears about two weeks in between sizes. maybe even 3

5. Whitechapel7

Whitechapel7 SS.org Regular

JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!
    how in the fuck did this happen????? :ugh:

6. Rook

Rook Electrifying

My girlfriend has her ears stretched out to 20mm. She doesn't have any other piercings except her belly button, no tattoos or anything, she doesn't dress weird or anything, she just did it on day and got hooked on it. I think she just feels a bit original, she gets all kinda of cool plugs too: leopard skin, glass, I got her some ebony and ovangkol ones, bone, you name it.

I think it's kinda cool. I dunno how I'll feel if she still has them in our forties haha.

7. jordanky

jordanky Contributor

I had my lobes comfortably and healthily stretched to 2" for almost two years straight, and I busted my left lobe in my sleep in December 2009. Looked kind of like that guy's up there ^^^ but a lot less messy and I had it sewn back up and it's healed up pretty fine now. I had actually just gotten these plugs the night before I ripped it. I had waited a month or so because I'd gotten them custom made. Bummer.

[​IMG]

I've got a picture of it busted as well, but it's on my jump drive at home. I'm not sure if you guys want to see it or not anyways, haha

8. Benzesp

Benzesp Banned

Not here to judge, but fawk! It's weird seeing people adopting this ascetic as if it were a haircut or something. Good luck with your issue but it seems that surgery would be the only way to correct your problem and you'll probably still have significant scaring.

9. nothingleft09

nothingleft09 What... the... F@#k!

Mine are at one size below 5/8's. I for some reason am blanking like hell on the size. I started doing mine 11 years ago when i got out of the army and got my lip pierced. And now, when i take them out it just seems strange. lol Plus for the guys with stinky ears there are supposedly some organic plugs that help with that. Some stone and wood I've heard. :)

For dude with the blowout you could always just get a flesh punch. Then your keloid is gone and you have a good size gauge. lol (I'm kidding dude, that would fuckin sting!)

10. Josh_Conlee

Josh_Conlee GRVMND 2014

:squint: holy necrobump...this thread keeps arising from the dead

11. CrushingAnvil

CrushingAnvil \m not jesus land m/

12. Josh_Conlee

Josh_Conlee GRVMND 2014

...cool story :noplease:

Mods, can we lock this thread, the issue is resolved.... The thread is ancient, and does not need unnecessary, assholic posts like this one.

13. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

They arent called gauges