Blackwater guitars 7 string neodymium humbuckers

Discussion in 'Guitar Reviews' started by A_Damn_Moment, Apr 7, 2013.

1. A_Damn_Moment

A_Damn_Moment SS.org Regular

Hey guys, i've mostly been a lurker here but i had a hard time finding information about these prior to purchase but decided to take the risk. I contacted Aaron from black water guitars about a month ago to order a set of 7 string neos for my schecter c7 hellraiser after being blown away by my 6 string neos from entwistle. Aaron was prompt in is replies and manufacture and they were made and delivered USPS from texas to worcester massachusetts in less than 2 weeks. after i gutted the schecter was when i realized i had failed to mention that it was fitting an emg routing, so i had to send them back to him which he was very great to work with sending them back to get a new baseplate fitted. got them back in a week and they fit in no problem... the only problem was wiring because schecter skipped on driling a hole for the ground wire, after about 4 hours of soldering and re-soldering i contacted him as they sounded like pure static and i was sure i had done something wrong... which i had... HIS PICKUPS ARE WIRED TO THE SAME COLOR CODE AS BKP ... take note because i was reading off the wrong schematic (one for seymour duncans) after finally getting them wired in and having a couple weeks to play around with them i gotta say these have been one of my better gear purchases and the tone grind dynamics and response of these pickups are sheer sexyness. i'm hooked on neos and will probably be contacting him to get a pair made up for my ibanez rg8, this project and process were more difficult than they needed to be but aaron was helpful at every turn and i couldn't be happier with the way these things turned out, i mounted directy to the body with no pickup rings, they are white on white body which look sexy as hell, feel free to ask any specific questions.

2. capoeiraesp

capoeiraesp Ormsby nutter

You've scored this pickups as having a 5 for sound. Can you please elaborate more? This review doesn't really provide much info otherwise.

3. Danukenator

Danukenator Kane's Bane

There's no info on the sound quality here...

4. pathogenicmetal666

pathogenicmetal666 SS.org Regular

Do these kill sustain (stronger magnets)?