Black Water Guitar Company

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by explosivo, Jan 19, 2012.

1. bnzboy

bnzboy youtube.com/bnzboy

This is why I will never order from an individual luthier ever. I would support them and even love to get one in stock though.

2. Dyingsea

Dyingsea SS.org Regular

Yet retailers like DAG can get "in stock" guitars...

3. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

DAG got builds in because when the list was open several years ago Cliff invested in a few slots and then got guitars several years later. He now has 5 spec'd guitars on order left but when he gets those will depend on how fast Aaron builds them. DAG doesn't get special treatment in wait times, they wait just as long as anyone else who has a spot on order.

Last I heard from Aaron is he's still building them, we talked a lot since I had 3 completed builds from him and 1 on order but haven't heard back in awhile. He's an excellent builder but builds things at his own pace, I can't complain with the results as he's a truly talented luthier. But the wait is not for those who are impatient, I did the same thing I just did with Daemoness last year. Put the deposit in and just forget about it until your time comes up.

4. Dyingsea

Dyingsea SS.org Regular

Not quite sure I buy it honestly having spoken to Cliff at DAG numerous times. Basically if you're on his roster it's because you're a small builder and he's there to help promote your brand and build it up. It's what he does as a boutique shop. He gets guitars from these guys because they want to get business going ahead of any wait times.

5. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

You can ask him if you want, I bought two in stocks from Cliff and he offered me the opportunity to fully spec one of those slots 2 years ago now when I bought them. He's not getting fed regular builds, he got a batch, then the 2nd batch. And now he's waiting on the next spots to come up.