Black Knight RS-50-Z7 7-String

Discussion in 'Guitar Reviews' started by RevolutionCFH, Jan 1, 2011.

1. RevolutionCFH

RevolutionCFH SS.org Regular

• Model: Full size 7-String Electric Guitar
    • Neck Joint: Bolt-on
    • Body Top: Ash
    • Fingerboard: Rosewood with Dot Inlays - 25-1/2
    • Machine heads: Black die-cast
    • Bridge: Tune-o-Matic
    • String-thru body
    • Hardware: Black
    • Pick Ups: 2x Open high output humbucking pickups
    • Controls: 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone, 3-Way Pickup Selector Switch
    • Finish: Black Night Satin Oil
    This guitar was only £140 so i thought ok ill get one to give it a go, and i was honestly shocked at how well it plays, that was the first time id ever played a 7 string though and this was only about 24 hours from writing this.

It was a friend of mine that told me about these guitars and the gear4music range and it was more of a buy on impulse sort of thing. I dont think ill have to buy another guitar like this for a while as i am honestly impressed with the build, the feel, the playability, everything on it. The only thing i may end up modding is the pickups but thats a given really.

The body is ashwood, very light, has a nice finish on it, gives a good tone, also its a string through. The neck is actually like a wizard neck to me, it has a rosewood fretboard with 24 frets, it has a really nice feel to it.

The pickups arent that bad but i could see me upgrading to some nice beefy actives. It has 2 humbuckers as you can see, has a 3 way toggle in the modes of bridge pickup, both and then the neck. It has a volume and a tone knob rather than some guitars having a couple more.

When i plugged it into my amp, i played on clean for abit then moved up to my lead channel, it did kind of blow me away abit with the sound, for £140 you may think it cant be all that good but really, if you get chance to play on one, do it.

I would actually go all the way and say, buy one, id recommend it to anyone wanting a cheap 7 string that is actually awesome and i really mean that.

It has a nice tone to it that is just what you want, were you have to pull that metal face.

All that said, BUY ONE!!!

Here is a link to me playing on it, nothing special playing wise but you can hear the sound abit, id recorded it on a 720p HD camera though so i dont know why its downscaled :S

2. FACTORY

FACTORY Manufacture

3. Captain_Awesome

Captain_Awesome Cloudwalker

I'm considering getting one, especially since you compared the neck to a wizard! Other than the headstock, it looks and sounds like a great guitar for the price.

4. Matx

Matx Ninja

I like the woodgrain. im a sucker for dark stains