Bjorn Gelotte Signature Model is coming...

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Blood Tempest, Sep 12, 2014.

1. btbg

btbg SS.org Regular

...point being?

The Epiphone Les Paul Custom in its own right is a great guitar. As is the Heafy, Prophecy, and other variations of the custom. I can't see why this would be any different.

Saying "it's Epiphone so it's probably not good" is a statement of pure ignorance from the elitist snobs.

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

It's ....ing Bring Me To The Horizon. Changing a nut is no problem. Just get their tech to do it. ...., they can probably just get Gibson to send them a new one and trash the old one. :rofl:

Also, I love Epiphones. the newer Epis I tried were much better than the low-end Gibsons I played. If I had the cash, I would have walked out with one of the '14 Epi LP Standards. I LOVED the raw back they had. Like it much better than the gloss the old LPs had.

3. 1b4n3z

1b4n3z SS.org Regular

Sorry I was supposed to comment on Adam of Angels' line: "
    You can tune as low as In Flames does on a 24.75" scale and not run into any issues whatsoever"

To me a combination of short scale + low tuning on a fixed bridge guitar does create an annoying problem with the setup, as one probably wishes to use rather thick strings to attain proper string tension -> nut must be modified to accept those strings. And it's a pain to refill and re-file the slots if one wishes to go back to regular tuning :) That's all.

4. Ibycan7

Ibycan7 SS.org Regular

well in my case, I would not hesitate on just buying a new nut and having replaced by one of my trusty guitar tech I take my guitars to. but i'm in the states, I don't know how available part are in other places, I can get one for like 15 bucks and pay the tech 30 and brand new nut installed. but that's just me.

As far as set up, I have a Epi Explorer Drop B, and have no issues at all, after upgrading the tune-o-matic bridge. so it is not impossible to have a hassle free guitar with a 24.75" scale tuned that low, but again that's just my experience.

5. Ibycan7

Ibycan7 SS.org Regular

Thanks buddy, I will check it out. I like the specs but I'm not sure if I want the black and gold. I always liked a Silver burst. Unfortunately, I can't get a hold of the Epi Gelotte in person. and i'm not sold on the EMGs. I have always been more of a passive JB/59 kind of guy but we will see.

6. metale

metale SS.org Regular

I would have loved the Heafy with gold hardware instead of just black on black, but would have been a hassle to get it all replaced.

If you do get it and don't fancy the pickups, swap them (85 to the bridge and 81 to the neck). It's a somewhat popular mod.

7. rifftrauma

rifftrauma Trapped in time...

8. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

Best feature for me is the beer opener...works better then my teeth :lol:

9. manu80

manu80 Jackson for life !

beer opener on the back of the guitar....my god...
    those kind of clichés are so dumb to me....

Pikka Bird likes this.
  10. pahulkster

pahulkster SS.org Regular

Musicians Friend is saying April for shipping on the new one. I was going to order one for xmas, but I don't want to wait until April.

11. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

Man, I love Bjorn, and want that white one, but that bottle opener is so silly :lol: