Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by Adam Of Angels, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

Yeah, the preview showed Mike practicing with a sniper rifle, and missing the target by a few inches. My guess is that he ends up missing his target on Hector as well, leaving him disabled. However, I hope that doesn't happen, because I'd rather see a bit more of Hector, especially if/when Gus comes into the picture.

2. gnoll

gnoll SS.org Regular

But wasn't Hector supposed to be crippled by a stroke?

3. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

If you can find a citation for that, I'd be impressed.

4. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Yeah, when a bullet from Mike's rifle stroked past his brain. Lololololololol!

And does anyone know if Gus is going to be on the show? It would be super cool if he was, but it's up to the actual actor. I'm impressed they got so many actual people from BB on the show, so I would think he would want to be a part of it. It would definitely help build BB backstory. But at the same time they probably don't want to make this too much of an overt BB prequel.

And I could watch an entire season of Mike taking the gun out of bad guys hands. I just love that move he's got.

5. gnoll

gnoll SS.org Regular

BB season 2 episode 3 "Bit by a Dead Bee": Gomey and Hank are interrogating Jesse and bring Hector, hoping he will help their cause. Their plan is unsuccesful though, and Hector craps on the floor instead of talking like they hoped he would. After that Gomey says to Hank: "I told you, numbnuts. This guy's OG. Kept his mouth shut for 17 years in San Quentin. Stroke or no stroke, old-school gangbang Mexicans don't help the feds."

:D

6. gnoll

gnoll SS.org Regular

Take the episode names of season 2 of BCS. Take the first letter of each episode name. Then rearrange those letters into two words. :)

7. wankerness

Nice. The wiki has no such information on it. You should update it for them!

8. Adam Of Angels

Even if that's true, there's no saying that Mike didn't disable Hector, only to have a different story make it to the cops.

9. wankerness

Or Mike pwns him so hard he has a stroke

/idiotpost

10. sawtoothscream

sawtoothscream SS.org Regular

This season has been very slow and pretty boring.

11. wankerness

What makes you say that?

12. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Season Two titles:

Switch
    Cobbler
    Amarillo
    Gloves Off
    Rebecca
    Bali Hai
    Inflatable
    Fifi
    Nailed
    Klick

Or: S C A G R B I F N K

Anagram Time: Scar Big Knf ... no, Racks Fing B ... no, Frings Back ... no, wait a minute ...

13. Adam Of Angels

^ Where did you guys get that from? I would say it's a stretch, but it's too much of a coincidence for it to not be intentional on Gilligan's part.

14. bostjan

What guys? Which post?

15. Adam Of Angels

Gnoll and you - about the anagram.

16. bostjan

Oh hell, I didn't even see that :ninja:

I'm not sure what you mean by where did we get our information, though. The titles of the episodes are on wikipedia. VG has been known to play little tricks with episode titles in BB...

17. Adam Of Angels

I mean to say, how did you guys figure that out? Did you catch it yourself, is this a rumor circulating the net, or did somebody officially divulge this little egg? I was more or less expressing that I'm impressed that anybody would have caught that, so I was asking how you figured it out.

Edit: I just watched "Talking Saul" after the season finale, and it was mentioned that the anagram was a popular fan theory, to which Gould and Gilligan responded by confirming that it was intentional, but that they didn't expect anybody to catch it until they revealed it later on. With that said, I think evidence of Gus' presence was in that last scene with Mike.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  18. wankerness

There's nothing to officially divulge, it's a fact that the first letters of the episode titles can be rearranged to that. You shouldn't be at all surprised, if you think this is an amazing fan "discovery" you should see some of the insane levels of research and theorizing people were doing during Lost :( Any very popular show directed at nerds is going to be picked over for the tiniest hint! And yeah, the rumor has been flying around for a bit, they even ran this "story" on Time magazine's site. It could mean something, or it could just be a coincidence. Past titles did things like hint at the events in episodes in playful ways (ex Face Off for the Season 4 finale), but I don't recall anything this goofy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/betterCall...do_the_season_two_episode_titles_mean_theyre/

19. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Well, after tonight's finale I've come to the final conclusion that Chuck is an asshole. I know that VG and the writers like to keep people vacillating between good and bad, but I'm sorry, I hate Chuck. Jimmy never does anything to directly hurt Chuck, but that's all Chuck does.

20. gnoll

gnoll SS.org Regular

Honestly I just happened to stumble upon a thread mentioning the anagram when I looked at the BCS board at imdb. Wish I could say I figured it out myself. I knew BB did similar things but I never thought of looking for this. I think it's neat, though. And I agree with you about the Mike scene, I thought that was excellent.

Agree, haha. That scene was so painful to watch. I wanted to scream at Jimmy "nooooo, stoooooop, don't you understand what he's doing?!??!?!"

And now we have to wait until next year??? :(