Best powered speaker for on stage monitoring?

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by WishIwasfinnish, Feb 20, 2017.

1. WishIwasfinnish

WishIwasfinnish SS.org Regular

I'm looking for the best speaker that I can use with my Axe Fx and a mixing board as an extra monitor/speaker facing the crowd/drummer monitor. I want to do this so I can control the mix my drummer hears and/or have some extra sound on stage. Any suggestions? I'm looking for the best price/effectiveness ratio here.

2. macgruber

macgruber cat enthusiast

mackie th-15, alto ts115, line 6 l3t.

3. Sephiroth952

Sephiroth952 Ibby Fanboy

Agree with the mackie, not so much the alto. The store I work at see's a good number of those return broken(albeit usually from user error). The mackies on the other hand are extremely solid, however if you can shell out the extra cash go with QSC. :yesway:

4. WishIwasfinnish

WishIwasfinnish SS.org Regular

Thanks for the suggestions! Gonna hunt a bit on craigslist now

5. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

Possibly a correlation between the people who don't care enough about gear to spend a decent amount on it also don't care enough to keep from damaging it? People who take care of their gear that have owned Alto speakers love them and I was very impressed with the one I played with that I bought for a friend.

The large demographic of idiots with cheap gear eclipses the size of all of the other idiots from any other gear pricepoint. :lol: