Best POD controller

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by steveoguitar, Feb 7, 2015.

1. steveoguitar

steveoguitar SS.org Regular

I am looking into buying the pod HD x pro. But I also need to know what foot controller would be best for this

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

For something very, very simple and probably just planning on using a few presets, I'd get the FBV Express MKII.

If you want something that'll give you similar features to the POD HD500, then the standard FBV MKII will work.

If you need extreme, extreme versatility and are in a shoegazer band or something like that, check out the old FBV Longboard. Whether it's comparable or not, I'm not sure.

3. Zeno

Zeno SZ Hunter

What I'd honestly do if I were you is just go for the HD500X - identical functionality to the Pro X, only it's cheaper, is a floor unit, has a few different IOs, and has the controller built in

4. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater not quite a shredder

I use the Shortboard Mk1. Used to use the FBV express, but i prefer seeing my patch names on the LCD for bank switches and also being able to turn FX on/off individually when i want to. Also, IIRC the looper won't work with the FBV express. Haven't found anything that would add benefit over my current Mk1 shortboard.

I bought a gator keyboard bag to store it in for gigs, which has a pocket for all my cables, wireless, strings and such, which is nice because i'd need a bag for that stuff anyway, so it all goes one bag. (i'm big on reducing number of trips to car and back if possible)

All true, but sometimes you just need rack gear. The HD500 would add setup time and cables all over the stage. I much prefer having the rig behind me with my wireless, and just a cat5 cable coming to front of stage.