Best Image Hosting Sites For This Forum...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BlackSG91, Jun 11, 2018.

1. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars

Hello everyone, I'm looking for advice on the best image hosting site to use for this forum. I'm currently on Imgur but when I post a picture from there it only shows up when I'm logged into Imgur or the pictures don't show at all. I can also post from Google Photos but then again I have to be signed into my account. I'm also on PhotoBucket but they want a fee for 3rd party image hosting so it's a bit frustrating at the moment on what I should do. I see other members on here having success posting pictures of their guitars or gear which I can see very well. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thanks to all in advance.

;>)/

2. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Actually use Imgur for everywhere else; for this forum I just upload directly into an album and link it in the post. Easy enough to do and works, you can upload from either your comp or your phone.

BlackSG91 likes this.
  3. vilk

vilk Very Regular

4. BlackSG91

Thanks for your input which is very helpful. I noticed I don't have a Media tab yet. Maybe I have to reach a certain post count in order to upload pics onto this forum. Do you or anyone else on here know how many post counts you need for uploading pics. Thanks in advance.

;>)/

5. BlackSG91

Thank you...I wrote down the address and I'll give it a whirl to see if it works.:)

EDIT: Just found out it's a pay site and I'm looking for one that's free, but thanks for the suggestion.

;>)/

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  6. vilk

vilk Very Regular

That's odd, because I use it constantly and have never paid a dime. I don't make an account though.

BlackSG91 likes this.
  7. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I vaguely remember being able to see the 'gallery' of stuff you've uploaded here, but I can't seem to find that anymore. I still have the Upload a File button though, which seems to do the trick when I want an image in a post.

BlackSG91 likes this.
  8. BlackSG91

Oh...ok then. I guess you have to pay probably for unlimited uploads or something. I wrote down the site anyway so I'll give it another try. Thanks again.;)

;>)/

9. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

I use Google Drive. Takes a bit of messing around, but it works and since all my pics are there anyway, it's really convenient. To embed images here, you have to share the file and get the url, copy the file id from that and and put that into the url https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=<id>. Like I said, a bit of a hassle, but it works.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    BlackSG91 and BlackMastodon like this.
  10. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

The reason Imgur doesn't work is because they block access from any site with a classified section, including SSO. This has been the case for at least a couple years now.

BlackSG91 likes this.
  11. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

This is the answer I've been looking for since I backup everything to Google photos anyway. I'll have to give this a shot.

BlackSG91 likes this.
  12. oracles

oracles Australian in Canada

I use flickr, but it can be a real pain in the ass when I dont have desktop access as the mobile site and app arent laid out the best and have lesser options than the full desktop site.

BlackSG91 likes this.
  13. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Just one little extra thing here: you need to have the setting to show Google Photos in Google Drive enabled, and then you find the photo in there and enable sharing for that. That gives the right id for the url I gave, if you grab a photo id directly from Google Photos it will just result in a 404.

BlackSG91 and BlackMastodon like this.