Beer Recommendation Thread

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Grand Moff Tim, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

Their Table Beer is pretty popular at the moment. You should look out for it.

You'll probably like Redchurch, too, if you like Kernel.

2. yellowv

yellowv Turd Ferguson Contributor

City Island Pale Ale

3. Dan_Vacant

Dan_Vacant Hi I'm Dan.

Damn being 18 in America.

4. liamh

liamh Geek-chic

A few beers I've had over the past 6 months or so that ive particularly enjoyed;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Westmalle Tripel is the probably strongest beer I've ever had, still very drinkable though.

5. yellowv

Yeah that Westmalle Tripel is pretty strong. Good amount of alcohol taste with that one.

6. yellowv

Ruination is one of my favorite IPA's. It truly does ruin your tastebuds. Anything you eat of drink for a bit after doesn't taste quite right. The Terrapin stuff is good too. One of my favories by them is Hopsecutioner.

7. baryton

baryton SS.org Regular

I'm not really into Belgium Beer except Orval, Rochefort 10 :rocker:, Carolus Hopsinjoor and sometimes a Duvel

About my favourite beer, In Europe we have some awesome brewer like Nogne in Norway, De Molen in Netherlands (I'd like to brush my teeth with the Amarillo ^^), and in my country, France, we have a lots of tiny brewery(L'Agrivoise, Fleurac, Pleine Lune, Mont Salève) with awesome production.

Some of them founded the FHL (translate: Hexagonal Front of Libeeration) wich are very attentive to production and make the most awesome beer as possible ^^
    Here is a Link https://www.facebook.com/Front.Hexagonal.de.Libieration

I'am also really fan of Brewdog, a friend got his shop burned by some asshole, as a result he sold me all his stock for 100€

Here is the stock :fawk:
    [​IMG]

8. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

Try not to make yourself bored of Simcoe drinking all of that!

9. Fat-Elf

Fat-Elf Banned

Weird because I always liked IPAs but this past weekend I had Brewdog's Punk IPA for the first time because people were praising it so much but I hardly could even finish the bottle because all I could taste was that grapefruity bitterness. That's why I like Fuller's IPA so much because it's much smoothier than most IPAs.

10. Philligan

Philligan The White-Knuckler Contributor

I haven't checked the whole thread (too much to read through right now :lol:) but I've been drinking a lot of the Guinness black lager this summer. It's pretty much bang on what they say it is - a Guinness that drinks like a lager. It's nothing crazy, but it's easy to drink and tastes great. :yesway:

edit: The girlfriend and I tried this the other night. I'm normally not huge into the 10%+ beers, but this one was ridiculously drinkable - I could probably drink the whole bottle on my own. It's really sweet, which I'm normally not into, but it's pretty mapley and not very fake sweet. I'd definitely pick up a couple more bottles.

[​IMG]

11. wheresthefbomb

wheresthefbomb SS.org Regular

There are better breweries in AK, but for those outside of the state your best bet is to look for Alaskan brand beers. They are a legitimate craft brewery (not some bought out Coors/Anheuser front) and their flagship Alaskan Amber is supremely drinkable, though a little tame for a craft brew. If you live in the pacific NW, keep an eye out for sure. Not sure where all it gets to, I definitely never saw any in Nebraska, but who knows?

Silver Gulch, Kenai Brewing Co., and Moose's Tooth are also Alaskan craft brewers whose product you might run into, especially at specialty retailers in the pacific NW.

12. liamh

liamh Geek-chic

tonight:
    [​IMG]

13. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

Tried MadDog IPA by Burnside last night. It was alright. Drinkable but nothing special.

14. Fat-Elf

Fat-Elf Banned

Finally got to test Sinebrycoff & Brooklyn's Two Tree Porter. Definitely better than the original. A bit sweeter and smoother. I don't know does they sell this in US but I guess so as it is half Brooklyn's. Definitely try it if you can find it.

[​IMG]

15. Skyblue

Skyblue SS.org Regular

Finding quality beer around here is rather difficult to say the least, but at least we have this awesome thing (the brewery itself is like 20 minutes from my base)
    [​IMG]

16. Nicki

Nicki SS.org Regular

this is my preferred beer:

[​IMG]

If that's not available, then I'll go with a moosehead lager or a canadian

17. lobee

lobee vicioustabbing

[​IMG]

Brandy Barrel Aged Imperial Pumpkin Lager | Lakefront Brewery

It seemed fitting to have one of these at 3:44 PM local time today for the autumnal equinox, but really I don't need excuse because it's just damn good. It doesn't beat you over the head with the spices and being a lager keeps things smoother. At 8%(according to the bottle; the website lists it at 9.5% which is curious) it feels more like drinking a spirit than a beer. Adding vanilla and aging in oak brandy barrels will probably do that. Just the perfect drink for this time of the year now that the weather is changing. [/beersnobpseudobloggermodebutforrealthisshitisgood]

18. Fat-Elf

Fat-Elf Banned

^I really hope Alko will offer some pumpkin beers in their seasonal selection as the concept seems very interesting and I have never had any pumpkin beer.

Just had my first HC IPA. Very good, imo. Better than Punk IPA because it wasn't as tropical and had a strong but smooth bitterness into it.

[​IMG]

19. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

Just back from the Netherlands where I attended the Brouwerij De Molen beer festival. The best three were Rooie Dop's 24/7 India Session Ale and Narke's Spruce and Juniper forest beers (no hops used in the forest beers, just Swedish forest plants).

Highly recommended!

20. Murdstone

Murdstone Sycamore Trees

Anybody here using Untapped? It's fun app to track and get recommendations for beers. I just polished off a Gulden Draak 9000 and goddamn was that a quality brew.