BATTLEFIELD 1

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by TGOD, May 6, 2016.

1. Pav

Pav ???

This all leaves me incredibly excited. As much as I've loved past Battlefield games, BF4 had an absolutely disastrous launch. If BF1 is all that and more, I may have to get myself a nice joystick and start working myself into the top tier of pilots worldwide on day 1. :evil: Hopefully there's still a nice selection of aircraft at our disposal, although I'm not sure WW1 even had anything that can reproduce the feeling of godlike domination I would get while piloting a scout or attack chopper in BF4.

2. musicaldeath

musicaldeath Herald of Djod

I am more excited for that than BF1. I will still buy BF1 but after the crap that SW:BF was (it was pretty, and fun - for maybe 30min max at a time) I am waiting. No more pre orders or anything from EA. Vietnam never really gets enough games I think.

Also, for EA to charge damn near $100 for the base game and not include a single player campaign while only having a mediocre at best multiplayer (looking at you SW:BF) is down right criminal. Glad I got it on sale lol.

3. TGOD

TGOD The Wiz

Here's the new Battlefield 1 Gamescom Gameplay Trailer - showing off what we'll see at the Gamescom Battlefield Squads stream tomorrow:

Also, from the BF news site - the Open Beta will be opening to the public on the 31st, so that's one day early for Battlefield Insiders on the 30th, and you have until the 21st to sign up as an Insider to get the 1-day early access code for the beta.

And, again, the livestream of new gameplay will be happening tomorrow at 12PM PT.

4. noob_pwn

noob_pwn SS.org Regular

5. Pav

Pav ???

Anyone else tried out the beta yet? I got a code today for being a "Battlefield Insider" and...my god, it is glorious. This is an easy release day purchase for me. Unfortunately it has also reignited my desire to upgrade my PC. :lol: I need more RAM and a new graphics card asap so I can crank this sucker up in DX12.

6. kevdes93

kevdes93 Sassy

Not yet, hopefully I'll be playing tonight! So pumped.

7. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Yup, played a couple matches yesterday. Felt like Battlefield with a WWI skin. So I don't think anyone will be disappointed. I'm more of a Halo guy so I don't see myself getting this game, but it felt and looked well polished.

8. DiezelMonster

DiezelMonster Complainasaurus Rex

D/l the beta and even though I have 500 or more hours into BF4, this version of the game just kills the rest for me, I REALLY like the game play here and the content, even the insane turret train is cool!

The tanks finally feel like tanks and like they have some level of superiority, in BF4 to have a guy run up and C4 the tank is insane.

9. QuantumCybin

QuantumCybin Lost In Thought

So I've played a few hours of it. The last BF game I played was 3. I like it. It's fun, but I don't think I'll end up buying it. Too many games coming out this year! The setting is fun, but it definitely stretches it's time-line a little bit. Of course, you want the game to be fun, so I understand why these tanks from 1918 aren't moving 2 miles an hour like they actually did :lol: and were there really this many widespread automatic rifles back then? No. Still, it's enjoyable. Horses are so OP though it's epic hahaha

10. TGOD

TGOD The Wiz

As a BF vet since 1942 back in 2002 - I'm having a blast with BF1 so far.

I've already put 20+ hours into the beta and reached rank 50. I think by now I've played around with everything the game has to offer aside from heavy tanks and the artillery truck.

The only complaint I have is that the map gets old REALLY fast after playing it for so long. I never really liked Silkroad from BF4, and that's essentially what Sinai is/how it's laid out.

I've never been a fan of DICE's designs in terms of huge, wide-open desert maps. I'm definitely more a fan of their urban/forest environments. Caspian Border was an awesome map, and Arica Harbor from BC2 is definitely more what I'm looking for when it comes to desert warfare.

(Also, as mainly a bolt-action rifle lover, it pains me to see C4 or "Dynamite" be removed from the Scout/Sniper/Recon class - I've gotten almost 1,000 C4 kills on ground armor in BF4, and I miss being able to do so in this game, where I end up having to avoid tanks because K bullets don't kill them fast enough)

11. sawtoothscream

sawtoothscream SS.org Regular

Seems like it will be fun, just not a huge fan of this map. Its fun at first but after a few games its a little boring.

12. Pav

Pav ???

Same here, I prefer close-knit urban settings like Operation Metro. Wide-open settings always seem to devolve into hordes of snipers firing on anyone that isn't in an armored vehicle.

And I'm hoping they tweak the classes a little bit before launch. The scout/recon class feels like a real one-trick pony without any explosives since K bullets barely do anything. Even so, I'm ready to throw down $80 for the deluxe edition through Origin. The UI and Frostbite Engine as a whole has been polished beyond belief and the entire experience feels much smoother as a result. I can't wait to see what kind of weapon customization is available at launch.

13. sawtoothscream

sawtoothscream SS.org Regular

Also $130 for premium, holy .... game prices are crazy.

14. Pav

Pav ???

This game has already become a bad influence on me. I just dropped $500 on new PC hardware so I can be ready for this game by launch day.

15. Maybrick

Maybrick SS.org Regular

Played a game of the beta last night, was fun and really chaotic as you'd hope.

16. Pav

Pav ???

Only three days left until BF1 unlocks for us early enlisters. My body and my shiny new PC build are so, so ready. :bowdown:

17. Stealth7

Stealth7 SS.org Irregular

Downloading it now. Just need to get a new GFX card and monitor.

18. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Still can't get over "Objective BUTTAR!"

19. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire tinkerer/aspiring builder/8 string hoarder

20. Pav

Pav ???

It's about time the game released for everyone. I haven't been able to try operations yet because matchmaking keeps placing me in an empty server all by my lonesome, but I hear operations is like rush on a massive scale.