BATTLEFIELD 1

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by TGOD, May 6, 2016.

1. TGOD

TGOD The Wiz

The hype is real. I've wanted a historical shooter ever since the franchise got stuck on Modern. Can't wait.

2. asher

asher So Did We

How's the saying go? Everything old is new again?

3. kevdes93

kevdes93 Sassy

MAXIMUM HYPE

4. Stealth7

Stealth7 SS.org Irregular

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFVCKERS!!

Glad they didn't go with a futuristic setting for this game and are going back to basics. No lock on weapons, no chopper whoring and no cheap kill gadgets (UCAV, etc.) but I hope you can put TNT on a horse and use it as a Jihad Horse! :lol:

5. Maybrick

Maybrick SS.org Regular

INTERNET ASSEMBLE!

6. QuantumCybin

QuantumCybin Lost In Thought

I'm stoked to see the rumors were true. Speaking of historical shooters, anyone else excited to see that the new Red Orchestra is set during Vietnam?

7. HeavyMetal4Ever

HeavyMetal4Ever SS.org Regular

Looks good, but the Battlefield 4 launch left a bad taste in my mouth, and Battlefield Hardline was rubbish imho. Hopefully they can avoid the launch issues this time and give us the classic Battlefield feels.

8. TGOD

TGOD The Wiz

One of the top trending video game topics on Facebook was a DICE lead saying that making the launch as smooth as possible was one of their priorities and focuses.

You may have not liked Battlefront, but it definitely had a 100% smoother launch than BF4. They said they're taking in all the work they did on making SWBF's launch smooth and trying to apply as much as they learned as possible to BF1's launch.

And you shouldn't worry about not liking SWBF - DICE stated they purposefully made SWBF an entirely different game from BF to avoid the claims that they were going to essentially make a Star Wars skinned Battlefield 4.

They intentionally dumbed it down, everything from no ADS, laser-accurate hip-firing - to simplified flight controls. Something that's never been done in a BF title to date.

They also rated that game T for Teen, which leads me to believe that they (by they I mean EA and Disney, who were essentially controlling what would and would be in the game, as well as Disney dictating WHEN the game was to be released to coincide with Star Wars Episode 7's release) were aiming for a MUCH younger target audience, and to make the game much more accessible to younger fans.

Again, something Battlefield as never done, as every BF title to date has been rated M for Mature, featured ADS, and didn't have any super dumbed down aspects, ESPECIALLY flying.

After 5+ years of the formula that took Battlefield from being an obscure PC-only title to the realm of being one of the top 3 AAA FPS titles in the world - I doubt DICE and EA will stray far from that path.

9. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Looks like I'm actually trying a Battlefield game. Been waiting for someone to do WWI

10. BrainArt

BrainArt Deftones Guru.

This is wrong. Battlefield 1942 (the very first Battlefield game) was rated T, as was Battlefield Vietnam. The modern BF games are rated M.

Anyways, now that I'm done being a BF fanboy hipster, I'm stoked for this. I've wanted a WWI shooter for a while, WWII would have been nice again, but it is so overdone nowadays.

11. Don Vito

Don Vito SS.org Regular

Well technically someone has, but Battlefield will be a very different game.

12. Stealth7

Stealth7 SS.org Irregular

13. TGOD

TGOD The Wiz

Bunch of gameplay clips from the livestream incoming:

And directly from the livestream via IGN:

14. kevdes93

kevdes93 Sassy

I've been watching TONS of gameplay for this, I'm so incredibly hyped for this game. Looks pretty promising so far, you can tell it's definitely still in beta but it's only gonna look better from here on

15. jerm

jerm SS.org Regular

The hype is real.

16. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

Oh my YES!

17. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

This is going straight to my instabuy list.

18. TGOD

TGOD The Wiz

It's actually in pre-alpha, so even more subject to change and improvement. One of my friends (and moderator) from the Battlelog forums, Poolshark, was a part of the livestream and has been playing iterations of the game since February, and he says it's definitely fun from a "Battlefield experience" point of view.

He says tanks are scary overpowered in the current build if you're playing with a competent squad, though. One of the livestreamers went 35-0 in a tank.

19. TGOD

TGOD The Wiz

DICE just released a teaser trailer in anticipation for Gamescom this year (where hopefully a beta date will be announced, as it's reaching the time DICE insisted the beta will happen).

It's focused on the weaponry of Battlefield 1 and how DICE went about developing and achieving how the weapons sound and work in the game

Flakfire did a good breakdown of the video to explain some of the things we've never seen in gameplay before

20. HeavyMetal4Ever

HeavyMetal4Ever SS.org Regular

I didn't even mention SWBF in my post...

No need to try to sell me on BF1, i'll probably pick it up a week or two after release if the word of mouth is good.