Batman/Superman Movie 2015

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by UltraParanoia, Jul 22, 2013.

1. UltraParanoia

UltraParanoia SS.org Regular

Alright, lets open up a discussion here. Surely I'm not the only nerd on here, it is the internet after all

I think this will be a teething movie for Warner Brothers & DC. If they can manage to fit 2 massive characters like Batman & Superman on to the screen without it being terrible then I think they'll take a longer look at Justice League, but not until they see if this works or not.

I'm not the biggest DC Comics fan, apart from Batman being my lifetime hero :lol: I may or may not have the Bat signal tattooed across my back.
    Marvel always had the goods & for the most part their movies have been executed 100% better. I wasnt a fan of Man of Steel but it was absolutely a move in the right direction, bringing a version of Batman into that universe is really exciting...I hope it works!.

Even if this got terrible reviews, it would make money purely off the millions of geeks going to see it.

ttp://youtu.be/2spdUrYi6-c

2. UltraParanoia

3. UltraParanoia

It's also the same year as The Avengers 2 & Star Wars VII

4. sandalhat

sandalhat SS.org Regular

Why does Batman need to exist in a world with Man of Steel version of Superman? He was/is so strong and fast wtf is Batman supposed to do? Sit around watching the stupid plot element from Dark Knight whereby all cellphones combined let you see anything and everything, and give Superman tactical support? Lol

5. UltraParanoia

:lol: Well firstly this Batman will have zero to do with the Christian Bale Batman we've known recently. He'll be completely unrelated.

But, it is a weird pairing. As much as I prefer Batman, what can he do that Superman cant?

6. UltraParanoia

BUT! What if they are messing with us & Joseph Gordon Levitt is Batman & the Nolan universe meets Man of Steel??

The same writter is doing it after all

7. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Couldn't care less for Snyder despite "Man of Steel" being a decent flick, but his palate is over-used now
    Couldn't care less for a JGL as a possible Batman lead since he's Nightwing at best
    Couldn't care less for the infamous amounts of butthurt that will come as a result of whoever wins

I like Batman, but he's over-used and over-powered as of late (and I mean the past few years mind you) and Superman has always been a bore to me since he's a boatload of powers with one weakness

8. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

So they FINALLY do a decent job with Batman and now they're rebooting it :facepalm:

Then again DC seems to .... up movies far more than they succeed :lol: (See the disaster that was Green Lantern as a prime example)

9. ilyti

ilyti Lazy Ryebread Viking

THIS ALREADY HAPPENED
    [​IMG]

10. UltraParanoia

I dont think it'll be a versus movie, I think it'll be those 2 teaming up against Lex Luther & maybe a Batman villian.

I agree with the point that Batman has just dominated the world with 3 of the highest grossing films of all time & they are going to destroy that by rebooting...just like Spider-man

11. sandalhat

sandalhat SS.org Regular

You had to go there and mention he who we do not speak of. :p

12. The Reverend

The Reverend GHETTO KING OF SWAG

Man, you guys call yourselves nerds? I can think of dozens of useful things Batman can do for the plot of the movie, and I f--king hate most incarnations of him. The only ones I like are when he's (rightfully) teetering on the edge of insanity.

Don't forget that Batman has f--ked Superman up in the past. I can easily see a quick introduction to him in the first act, with some early stirrings of a conflict with either Gotham being subject to Kryptonian bullshit or Gotham crime leading to Batman's presence in Metropolis. Flash forward thirty minutes and after Bruce Wayne's rich-man gadgets and paranoid genius meets a stalemate with Superman's brute force and mentally deficient strategy they realize they have a common enemy and settle into an uneasy truce. I'm sure they'd throw in some bullshit JLA member, or maybe win nerd points with a f--ked up JSA nod, and then Superman and Bats win the battle and we all go home feeling giddy.

I've gotta say, IMO DC's big-name characters generally don't hold up, but there's enough interesting things to work with that they could make this a good movie if they keep it grounded. For example, they went with the cheesiest Silver Age Hal Jordan archetype they could manage while not emphasizing on the somewhat more serious tones superhero movies have been dabbling in. That shit worked with the first X-Men and Spiderman titles, but after introducing the world to Batman Begins and Watchmen they should've known better.

I don't even like DC, aside from The Spectre and the Hal Jordan GL, what the f--k am I doing here.

Leave me alone, thread. I don't want you.

13. UltraParanoia

14. The Reverend

The Reverend GHETTO KING OF SWAG

I hope that's not a "Wow, this guy cares too much," because I'm usually the guy who says that. :lol:

15. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Except the reboot Spiderman was better because Toby made a terrible Spiderman. :D And I'm not a big Kirsten Dunst fan either. The only good one out of the 3 was the 2nd one and that's because Doc Ock was bad ass. The only real issue the new one suffered from was a couple plot holes and some rather convenient mechanics, but those are things honestly every super hero movie seems to suffer from.

Rebooting Batman within Superman will be a difficult feat. Since he is different from the trilogy Batman they can't just pretend like we know who he is. They actually have to bother introducing the character again AND pull off the movie in general. It is doable though (see Hulk in Avengers). :shrug:

16. TomAwesome

TomAwesome I LIKE JUICE!!!

Quite to the contrary, according to io9, the trailer used this quote from The Dark Knight Returns:

Which leads me to reiterate:

This already happened. Read The Dark Knight Returns. It's great. Also, it was already made into a two-part movie just last year. It was a pretty faithful recreation of the comic.

But for some reason, nobody cares about the animated movies. This is a shame, because the best iterations of Batman outside of the comics happen to be animated: the mid-90s animated series, Mask of the Phantasm (part of the aforementioned series), Under the Red Hood, Gotham Knight, The Dark Knight Returns, etc.

17. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

THE EAGL... erm, I mean, THE CRANES!!!

:lol:

In all fairness, yes, Andrew Garfield made a much better Spiderman AND Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire.

The problem I have with Superhero movies these days is that they're obsessed with absolutely relentless action and carnage. "BLOW EVERYTHING UP" seems to be the mantra that they work with now. Sure, they all have the requisite quiet moments of pathos, but they all seem to ring hollow (see Iron Man 3). We need a superhero movie where the stakes are more complex than EVERYTHING GETS DESTROYED, or at least make it so that the massive amounts of damage caused isn't the primary objective of the antagonist (and make it plain to see, not just a thinly veiled excuse).

I had no idea that Khan was also a Batman villain. :lol:

18. pullingstraws

pullingstraws SS.org Regular

I think Jeremy Jahns has some cool theories about the plot.

19. sweepingDemon

sweepingDemon SS.org Regular

Jeremy jahns is a great reviewer

20. vampiregenocide

vampiregenocide A Chap Called Ross

Man of Steel brought Superman up to date in a way that he definitely needed. Being such an overpowered Superhero, I always found it hard to like him. Any time he faces a problem it seems so effortless to solve that you never really feel he's in danger. They seemed to tone him down a bit in MOS, which I preferred.

Batman on the other hand, has always been the complete opposite. In the comics he gets stabbed, shot, beaten up and almost killed numerous times. He lives life on the edge and that is why I've always preferred him.

If they pulled Superman into that dark world of Batman, it would serve not only to ground Superman better but to contrast nicely with that style.

Well the quote they read out implies that it will be based on The Dark Knight Returns in some respect. It would be more interesting to have them fight than to be friends.

And the new Spider-Man film was waaaaaay better than any of Raimi's. A reboot was sorely needed.

Nolan's Batman films were always planned to be a trilogy only from what I read.