Baseball fans here?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by NosralTserrof, May 11, 2012.

1. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Wow, this is just like last year.

2. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Alright.............UNCLE!

I've had enough. I'll always be a Giants fan, but this is absurd.

3. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Lolz. Well, as bad as the giants have been in the last month, they are still in 1st place in the west and are in place to be an NL leader.

4. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Annnnnnnnnnnd we're right back to incredible suck ass city.

5. zappatton2

zappatton2 SS.org Regular

I decided I'd relive old times this Sunday and go on Youtube to watch the last game of the last time my team won the World Series. Can't believe it was 21 years ago, to me it feels like yesterday. And seeing some of the styles among the players, and in the stands, that I had completely forgotten about does really make me feel old. Though even if the Jays ever won the series again in my lifetime, I don't think I'll ever again see anything as dramatic as that Joe Carter home run.

Oh well, at least this year I've got the wife hooked, so I've watched more games this season that I have in years. Hopefully my beloved T-Birds can at least make the wild card!!

6. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

I'm home from Korea on vacation for the first time in two and a half years, so I sat down to watch a ball game for the first time in nearly three years last night. I didn't know what I was getting myself into.

It ended up being the longest game in Cubs' history, and considering how long they've been around, that's saying something. It got a little nutty in the end, because the Cubs ran out of pitchers, so they let their backup catcher give pitching a shot, since he used to pitch in high school. He managed to make it through an inning unscathed, and then when it was the Cubs' turn at the plate, he actually ended up scoring the winning run. Since he was the pitcher at the time the run was scored, he was credited with the win.

So yeah. First game I watch in nearly three years ends up going sixteen innings and the winning pitcher was a catcher :lol:.

Cubs win, though, so I'll take it!

7. SonicBlur

SonicBlur SS.org Regular

HA! I don't feel bad for any fans here, I'm a Cubs fan....nothing can be worse than that, LOL! But they're my team, thick or thin.

8. zappatton2

I do have a soft spot for the Cubs. I'd like to see them win it in my lifetime (so long as they're not playing my team). They are the living definition of past due.

9. SonicBlur

SonicBlur SS.org Regular

Past due is an understatement. I don't know if there really is a word for this...pathetic is still not enough, LOL! But seemingly the Cubs are stacked with prospect talent, Baez got called up and already has 2 runs in two games...once they work on that bullpen we'll see....but then again we've been down this road before. If it happens, it happens. If not, well, then nothing new.

10. zappatton2

At least there is a bright side. I currently live pretty close to Montreal, and routinely meet some pretty depressed Expos fans. The Cubs are a Chicago institution, win or lose, so you'll never have your team stroll off to Washington :D

11. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Wow. Just wow. The giANTS are pathetic. We should be better than this. It's like having the blood rush out and you can't apply enough pressure.

12. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Goodbye giANTS, maybe next year.

13. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

14. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

lolz. A 4 1/2 game lead in the wildcard vanishes. So maybe/possibly the giants will be @ PIT for a one game playoff. At this point though I bet on the brew crew even as bad as they are playing.

15. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

jon gruden says: " the giants are just miserable.....they have got to find a way to stop the bleeding"

[​IMG]

Well, I guess it's just me in this thread.

I don't know if the brewers can come through and get that wildcard game or not. But the giants are just miserable and they need pittsburgh to put them out of their misery.

Dodgers are not "that" good of a team, but will be in the 2nd spot and host likely. Looks like they will get the cards. I think the cards are better overall...we'll see.

I don't trust the nationals, I think pittsburgh can beat them.

For the AL.....

The A's will likely play the Royals (how bout those Royals????? ) and I think KC will have the edge. so...

Well it doesn't matter what I think because I don't think anyone can beat the Angels :lol: Game over??

16. leonardo7

leonardo7 Banned

The A's better beat KC, then they better beat the Angels, then they better beat either the Orioles or Detroit for the pennant. Thats all that matters right now

17. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

haha, I dunno man, the A's have are a lot like the giants......they have good at times this year but not "that" good of a team. I'd love to see another bay area series.....with different results :D

18. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Wow, the gnats were up 5 nothing and now it's 8-8 :lol:

I think there should have been much rest for them since they clinched. They look tired for the last 10 days.

19. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

So here we are. Let the playoffs begin......

I suspect the Pirates will snuff the Giants, but we'll see.

20. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

A's laying it on the Royals a bit.