Back to back executions in Arkansas

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by bostjan, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Dredg

Dredg Insignificant Contributor

I completely agree with you, though I'm neither for or against capital punishment. My concerns are with the way our local and state governments view criminal trials, and how they manipulate them.

2. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

The next scheduled execution is William Morva, who is well known for his activities in the mid 2000's. He fled police during a botched break-in at a Burger Kind restaurant, only to try again at a Deli a couple of days later armed with loaded weapons. He attempted to flee the armed robbery and was apprehended while trying to retrieve more weapons and ammo to use in his confrontation with police. During his attempt to flee, he became injured and was taken to a hospital, where he ambushed a police officer, knocking him out and taking his weapon. Morva then murdered a hospital employee and fled. He was later approached by a Sheriff's Deputy in the woods near Virginia Tech, and killed the deputy, according to court documents. Once he was apprehended again, he was held without bail, and eventually convicted of capital murder (for the deputy), murder (the hospital employee), attempted murder, armed robber, and attempted breaking and entering, being sentenced to death plus 73 years.