B.C. Rich NJ series 7-strings...

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by sniperfreak223, Dec 1, 2017.

1. sniperfreak223

sniperfreak223 B.C. Rich loyalist

Just some inquiries I'm throwing out there in hopes of finding some kind of BCR expert or at least someone who was around the scene in the 2003-2005 era...

I just purchased my second B.C. Rich NJ series 7-string Warlock, but other than the two that I own, I haven't seen any others nor can I find much info on them. The one I just got is gloss black and was made in 2003, the one I stumbled upon last year is a trans red one with a quilted maple top made in 2005, so they must have been in production for at least two years, so why is info on them so limited and why do they turn up so rarely?

2. sniperfreak223

A couple of quick phone pics to show the similarities, and that they're not the N7 series that turns up far more often.

https://imgur.com/a/HU6yk

3. BlasphemyMadeFlesh

BlasphemyMadeFlesh Buried in the mix

Those are some sweet BC Rich 7-strings. I especially like the uniqueness of the red one.
    Tell me that's not Liquifire and Crunch Lab combo right there because I think they are great. Two of my favorite DiMarzios.
    For some reason, info has not been very good on BC Riches for a long time. Most of the BC Rich info you find out there is all vintage stuff. BC Rich hasn't been given that much love as other guitar brands. This was a link that got moved so the appearance of the page changed. The pictures have all gone. But it was what I referred to when I got my 2001 made in Japan BC Rich "JE" Warlock. (Serial BO for Bolt On, 010901.) I have a cheap bolt-on basswood ASM, nice guitar, have to say, the shape could be their "RG" if applied correctly.

The best link I can find for BC Riches from that time period is below:
    http://www.theshredderforum.net/for...resent/18754-bcr-bible-import-guitars-non-usa

EDIT -> another great link by that thread's OP.
    http://www.theshredderforum.net/for...h-history-1967-present/19302-b-c-rich-history

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  4. ImBCRichBitch

ImBCRichBitch SS.org Regular

I love bcr, just not any new ones. The newest ones are god awful garbage. But, hey, ive never played a pre 2000 model that was bad

5. sniperfreak223

If you stick to the mid-level and higher models, they make some really great quality instruments, unfortunately most folks only have experience with the entry level BCRs, which are hit-and-miss at best.

But yeah, other than catalogs, there's very little to be found on anything BCR was doing in the 00's.

6. sniperfreak223

D-Sonic in the bridge, Blaze in the neck.