Axe FX II - A New Era Begins

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by FrancescoFiligoi, May 8, 2011.

1. Hirschberger

Hirschberger Gear Junkie

Oh no, i understand that. Let me clarify. I received my coupon already, and can order it whenever I want. However, since I'm moving out in a little while, I was just curious to see how long it took other people to receive their AxeFX II upon paying and completing their order. I know there's variables, but I was just looking for an estimate or whatever.

2. Sepultorture

Sepultorture Murder Machine

As the european situation has never been the brightest, what with the far more than it should be price and waiting forever to get units in, even with the ultras and standards. there will be a backlog for some time, and i really hope not, but seeing as the units are starting to ship and fast, hopefully in the not too distant future we can start seeing these go for $2200 on their site with no need for a list. how long that will take is anyones guess, but that's probably when i will be able to buy one and have the money for it

3. bey0ndreaz0n

bey0ndreaz0n SS.org Regular

May = Put on the waiting list
    Dec 28th = Finally delivered!

Not only that but Sussi from G66 put a nice box of Lindt chocolates in the axe fx box....nice.

I took the plunge and bought it, and so far I think it's the best purchase I've ever done! This thing needs to come with a warning, for your fingertips hurting from not being able to stop playing!

Plus the guys at G66 updated to the latest firmware (v3) before they sent it, and there's already been 2 updates since!

:shred:

4. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger Contributor

^Congrats!!!! Mine should arrive sometime in january.

5. kmanick

kmanick Contributor

I picked up mine on Tuesday with a the MFC floorboard.
    So far it's been an up and down type of thing.
    Big learning curve with this thing, but I'm starting to get more comfortable with it.
    The latest Rect Orange and Red models sound amazing, as does the new FAS 6160
    and the JVM model.
    I've actually been having more fun with the lower gain models, suddenly I'm bluesing out. I haven't owned a "Marshall" type of amp in years.The Plexi models and the Cornford are a blast to fool around with.
    I'm waiting for my powered monitors to come before I really dig in and start making my patches. I have a mesa 50/50 that I've been runining otu to my recto 2X12 and it sounds really good but it is giving every model a bit of a "Mesa" flavor, so while the Recto and Mark Models sound great the other models all sound somewhat "Mesa".
    the JVM thru Greenbacks just doesn't sound right thru a Mesa power amp and a Recto cab :lol:
    oh my wait list time was just about 6 months.

6. Sepultorture

Sepultorture Murder Machine

WELL FUCK IT

i was gunna go line 6 hd pro a a stop gap while i save for the axe 2, but screw it, after i buy my new studio monitors i am in full saving mode for the AXE FX 2

7. Hirschberger

Hirschberger Gear Junkie

I finally ordered it! Now we play the waiting game...

8. simulclass83

simulclass83 Yes, pancakes.

Mine arrived today. Will wait till tomorrow when I get monitors to let you guys know what I think ;).

9. Rook

Rook Electrifying

^what monitors?

10. simulclass83

Dynaudio BM 5A MKII's.
    I'm picking them up Tuesday.

11. electricred

electricred Banned

Anybody have some cool patches to share? I've been trying to get in the ballpark of the Dying Fetus Descend Into Depravity sound, but I'm not even getting close. I haven't had this too long. I can get it to sound great, but I haven't found the recipe that really it THE ONE for me.

12. Rook

Rook Electrifying

Nice! You gonna use any stage type monitoring with it at some point? Those Dynaudios are apparently incredible, I've never had the pleasure myself.

13. simulclass83

Right now I'm running it through a Peavey PV-4C (picked up at GC for $130) and a 4x12 Mesa. It sounds incredible, I couldnt imagine what it would sound like through a high end power amp! I will definitely let you know what I think of the Dynaudio's, although I've only had the Axe FX for under a week, and have no previous experience with studio monitors.

Could I hook up my computer to the BM5A's along with the Axe FX at the same time? If so, do you know how?

14. bey0ndreaz0n

bey0ndreaz0n SS.org Regular

Yes you can via USB. Just install the usb drivers from the fractal website under the support section, then once installed select then Axe FX ASIO driver on your pc/mac. You should then get the audio from your pc routed directly to outs 1+2 unprocessed, and mixed with your processed guitar sound.

I have BM5 passive monitors and it sounds great, especially the big stereo delay guitar pad like patches!

15. themike

themike Chug Life

FAS Modern or PVH model with the gain on 8-10, mids near 1 and treble near 8 with an overdrive in front? :lol:

....no seriously, try that. John scoops his mids for that saturated sound!

16. Rook

Rook Electrifying

Anybody know if the warranties are transferable?

Put this way, there are a couple on ebay UK that aren't silly money, about what you'd pay new, that are the old 'just got it, don't want it, still boxed up blah blah blah' story... If I get one and there's a problem, I can't see Fractal sitting there while a 2 month old unit goes wrong.... Or would they?

I'm not worried to be honest, more interested than anything.

17. themike

themike Chug Life

Unless you are the original owner, Fractal will not do warranty work. I ordered through Tone Merchants here in the US which is their authorized dealer, and even as an original purchaser they made me make replacement arrangements through Tone Merchants and not them directly.

With that being said, I have heard stories of them taking the item in and if it is a minor issue fixing it for no charge so I think severity would be the determining factor. They do cross reference serial numbers with names/email addresses though - especially with the AxeFX II's.

18. simulclass83

I'm a bit confused. I have the drivers already.
    Here's where I'm a bit in the dark:

"...select then Axe FX ASIO driver on your pc/mac. You should then get the audio from your pc routed directly to outs 1+2 unprocessed, and mixed with your processed guitar sound."

Do you mean this?
    [​IMG]

If so, then when you say " You should then get the audio from your pc routed directly to outs 1+2 unprocessed, and mixed with your processed guitar sound," do you mean it does it automatically? So I don't have to mess around in the Axe FX at all?

EDIT: Figured it out, these monitors sound awesome with music. (And by awesome I mean CLEAR, TIGHT, and LOUD)

PS: The guy who I bought these from on eBay gave me 1 BM5A and 1 BM5A MKII so while I get this sorted out the review with the Axe FX will have to wait.

Attached Files:

19. Rook

Rook Electrifying

Basically what I expected :)

20. kmanick

kmanick Contributor

Pm-ed I'm trying to figure this out for my self right now as well with my II using the USB connection.