Axe FX 2 - Euro Red and Uber mixtest - (Drop C, Mayones, Axe 2, Logic, SD2.3)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Rook, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Rook

Rook Electrifying

I just wanted to try out my own SD2.3 preset that I've been working on with my main rhythms sounds on the Axe 2 that has been developing over time and this is what happened.

It sounds slightly hardcore, slightly 'Story of the Year', which was sort of accidental as I'm not really into it but since it went that way I mixed it accordingly.

Comments on the drum and guitar sounds would be awesome, the bass tone is my stock double track SVT and Recto sound blended slightly differently for this particular clip.

If anyone has any comments on the mix, that's cool, but I appreciate it's pretty rough, I just wanted to hear my presets all in one place tbh and I wanna know what people think :)

SOTTY - Hardcore type mixtest by Praxis111 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Also, 144 people have listened to my original KSE clip which has been working on (latest version here Killswitch Engage - 'Rose Of Sharyn' Cover v1.2 by Praxis111 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free) which is really awesome!

Thanks guys!

I will start putting out my own music soon, I swear, I just have no time to write at the moment.

sh4z likes this.
  2. Larcher

Larcher fpoon

listening to these clips give me a massive hard on. Makes me want an axe2 even more. I like your tone in the first clip but I'm not fancy-ing the drum sounds, the kick feels to clicky for my taste

3. Rook

Rook Electrifying

That's cool, thanks bro :)

It is quite clicky as it stands, I stuck with that as is because I don't notice it, whereas if I go for a higher click or more thump I find it a bit intrusive... I'll keep it in mind though, I might hear it now that you've said it.

4. Rook

Rook Electrifying

Bump, if you don't mind!

If listened to this so many times I can even hear the mix and can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I know it's not a popular genre round here, I don't much like it myself, but opinions on it as an exercise would be well appreciated!

5. Larcher

Larcher fpoon

I gotta say one more, your first clip is really nice to listen to! the tone is real nice and the riffs are catchy

6. narsh

narsh SS.org Regular

Very very catchy stuff!

7. Rook

Rook Electrifying

Ha! Thanks guys :)

I'll make something of it and post the result then.