AUTOCATALYTICA (Progressive/Avant/Djent Metal)

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Windwaker, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Windwaker

Windwaker New Member

[​IMG]

Autocatalytica strives to seamlessly tread a vast expanse of musical territory with it's progressive music, while still remaining true in it's passion for metal. In age where stagnation and repetition are the norm, Autocatalytica puts unbridled fury in a whole new light.

Check out some tunes at Autocatalytica | Facebook .

More than happy to talk to all of you guys as well. My name's Elijah Melanson, and I'm guitarist for yonder band. Some of you may be familiar with my other work, and if you are, I can guarantee you'll enjoy getting your ears puked into by Autocatalytica.

beneharris likes this.
  2. ilyti

ilyti Lazy Ryebread Viking

What on earth does the word Autocatalytica mean?

3. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

Bandspamia: Generic Djent!

NIIICEEE

4. spawnofthesith

spawnofthesith SS.org Regular

-shrug- I thought it was pretty groovy

5. Windwaker

Windwaker New Member

Aw, shucks. I can understand you hating on me for this being my first post in this community, writing me off as someone who will never contribute to the community, but labeling our music generic? You must have the most extraordinarily avant-garde taste for this to come across as remotely generic or ordinary. (and by all means, share. I'd love to get my ears on some sweet weird-metal tunes) Or it could be that you just didn't listen and chose to be unnecessarily mean on the internets where you can be a tuffguy.

Autocatalytica was chosen because to us the extraordinarily dense and spastic music evokes the nature of an autocatalytic, or self perpetuating, reaction.

6. TemjinStrife

TemjinStrife Power Metal Cellist

Glanced at name: thought it was Apocalyptica. Was excited for a second :(

7. Windwaker

Windwaker New Member

Baw, sorry mate. But there IS violin on space punk, so almost?

8. ilyti

ilyti Lazy Ryebread Viking

I figure if anyone has been or is going to be mean to you it has a lot to do with that band photo.

9. Windwaker

Windwaker New Member

Understandable I guess, if you only like to see SrrSBssnss musicians in your metal bands. I should probably tweak it up so it looks a wee bit less "scene" or hardcore or whatever the kids are saying these days. Thanks for the insight though!

10. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

I would like to introduce you to a simple musical concept that seems to be largely ignored in the modern metal scene...

The Rest
    :

[​IMG]

I genuinely love avant-garde music in all of its forms but this is just overbearing and badly arranged. I listened to a few of your songs and each time I couldn't help but feel that each song should have ended about 4 minutes prior, a few rests interspersed throughout the crazy riffs and various genre shifts would do the songs I heard a world of good.

Stealthdjentstic likes this.
  11. Windwaker

Windwaker New Member

Zing! The album is called Horror Vaccui for a reason. But noted. The newer material is going in a more concentrated direction, as opposed to Puketicus, a song written to be as dickish and note-y as humanly possible.

12. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

I didn't even notice the album title. Now the writing style makes sense. :agreed: But rests could still work within the concept the album title describes.