Aristides *Follow up on Synthetic guitars*

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by caparison_x, Jan 25, 2011.

Tags:
  1. caparison_x

caparison_x Banned

I saw this in the same magazine they did a side by side comparison test with the 010 and the Liekki

This is injection moulded and has some kind of glass and resin neck from what I read

I think they forgot the definition of Infinite here but lets just call this artistic licence

Guitars 010 Black | Aristides

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the original post I made regarding the other synthetic guitar

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/st...flaxwood-liekki-sythetic-material-guitar.html

Durero likes this.
  2. JaeSwift

JaeSwift Of Blood and Sawdust

Yep, a Dutch company. They developed their own synthetic material which is called Arium. It's pretty nuts, I heard one once and it felt like listening to a warmer version of Alder with infinite sustain (ok not infinite but still).

They're really expensive though.

3. SirMyghin

SirMyghin The Dirt Guy Contributor

That's alright, they don't know what infinite/infinity is either :lol: (had to, even though you corrected yourself).

Those are neat, what is the pricetag like though.

4. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Looks like a Stealth fighter... and priced like one too. Pass.

5. SirMyghin

SirMyghin The Dirt Guy Contributor

oh wow. It would have to be the best playing guitar in the world to justify that price. For 1000$ less I might be curious.

6. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    So... they should charge more for Parkers, to bring them in line pricewise? :lol:

7. Xodus

Xodus SS.org Regular

I love how the super high tech unobtanium guitar only has 22 frets. Also, if they're so interested in resonance, what's with the chunks they carved out of the body?

8. Miek

Miek POSTING ON INTERNET

They make it go faster.

9. stuz719

stuz719 SS.org Regular

WOW if this had a gtfvj body, ggfhj fingerboard, 23 strings tuned in 4ths and blood sausage burst finish I'd be all over it!

:lol:

IOW not for me. Sorry.

10. eaeolian

eaeolian <b><font color="red">The Church of SEVEN</font></b Super Moderator

Some of us like our neck pickup to sound good. :yesway:

scherzo1928 likes this.
  11. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

Due to import tax, shipping and all that, this would cost a European, or the Dutch anyway, about the same as any 3-4k USA custom shop guitar.

That said, doesn't look like it's really worth it, seems to be more about the whole innovative gimmick.

12. JaeSwift

JaeSwift Of Blood and Sawdust

I don't get the last sentence. Carving out wood, in my experience, leads to a lot more resonance than when you just leave it as a thick slab of whatever it is. I imagine the same goes for Arium.

EDIT: When it comes to it being ''worth it'' for these guitars, I don't think anyone can judge until you've tried them. It's a completely new type of guitar and guitarists are traditionalists who have loathed nearly all past and recent innovations because it's not what they're used to. This is what they, as a company, have to fight up against.

Just for a second, imagine if it's the best sounding guitar you've ever heard, beating the shit out of all the Suhr's, Tom Anderson's, BRJ, Parkers, Fenders, Ibanez's etc. etc. Then, due to the ''fuck innovation'' mentality, people would never see the light of something that could possibly be better than what we are used to. Don't get me wrong, they haven't fully convinced me either (I only heard one once in a boutique store that I was passing by. It stood out to me but I never got to try one) and I'm playing devils advocate when I'm saying it, but it'd still be a waste.

Though I do see the objection on the pricing, it is a lot.

13. Ryan-ZenGtr-

Ryan-ZenGtr- SS.org Regular

www.basslabs.de also make a uniquely warped version of that 6 string instrument we used to remember from the 50's...

Of course it's expensive... They had to literally create the guitar on an atomic level!

3500 euro isn't expensive considering this: How long would it take you to design a material with the perfect acoustic properties from the cellular level?

Please open a build thread. :)

Kudos goes to the engineers and the sales pater

Anyone remember the guitar made out of liquid marble and set in a mould? That was meant to sound really heavy... *sorry*... (someone did make it though, with EMG's for extra heaviness *.... REALLY SORRY....* BUT THEY DID MAKE IT!!!)

If anyone can find it please add pics!

Also, Status graphite guitars were around way back in the 80's in London, but they did not care for the guitar and only made basses.

I guess the real question these type of alternate materials ask is why are guitarists lumber loving luddites who do not support the evolution of their instrument?

Why do bass players get all the cutting edge technology? That I cannot explain.

14. Be_eM

Be_eM SS.org Regular

Well, in many cases bass players also get the nicer woods, pleasingly different from all those flamed maple burst uniforms.

On the other hand… 1982:
    [​IMG]

Bernd

15. Musza

Musza SS.org Regular

My test:

quote from the description:
    The pricing is a bit high but if someone dig the design and is looking for a new dimention of sustain, they starts to be really worth the price. I like when expensive guitars are flawless in terms of finish - that's why I like Aristides and hate Gibson. I don't think I would throw that amount of money on a new OIO/O2O myself but mabe someday I will buy one in used condition tho.