Architects new single - Doomsday

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by kamello, Sep 6, 2017.

1. kamello

kamello DESU METARU!

really liked it! definitely nothing new (because it was indeed some old ideas made by Tom that the band finished) but im glad to hear that the guys are capable of working on their own. Hopefully they will continue evolving their sound since All Our Gods was insane

also, production done by Nolly was a fanboy dream come true for me. I always wondered how Architects would sound if mixed by Nolly, even though Henrik Udd (Who worked on the band previous albums) is definitely one of my favourite Metal producers

couverdure likes this.
  2. Jake

Jake GAS Master Contributor

Was very surprised to see this this morning when I woke up. I've only listened to it a few times but I really like it. Not hoping they rush into anything but hopefully this means a new album will be coming sooner than later. I saw them in February and it was still tough for Sam and Dan to finish some of the songs (gone with the wind) so props to them for touching on such a tender topic lyrically here as well.

3. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

Wow. Didn't expect this at all.
    Must have been tough.

Jake likes this.
  4. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

I REALLY like this band but they seem to have a knack for rewriting the same song quite a bit.

Still, it's a formula I like, so yay for more.

5. kamello

kamello DESU METARU!

it's literally the chord progression of Downfall, played in the style of Gone With The Wind, so yeah, I definitely see that :lol:

6. oc616

oc616 Control Deck Wins

Pretty much what I got from it. There does seem to be this one riff they play over and over.

7. Mike

Mike The Traveler Contributor

I agree. They're one of my top bands, but the last 2 albums and this song as well aren't straying too far from the same blueprint.

I am really excited to see what Josh can bring to the table though if they give him a little bit of freedom to write outside of the box.

8. indreku

indreku SS.org Regular

Well, I think, they will play bit more safer and use some old Tom riffs and write in safer patterns, to maintain their status with the new album when it comes.
    In time it will be more of own face, but it probably not yet with this album.

9. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger Contributor

Ha, yeah the last album was basically one long song and this would have easily fit in. Regardless I really like their current sound and I saw Josh is now a full time member.

Nolly on mixing and Ermin on mastering is a wining combination.

10. bpprox22

bpprox22 String Breaker

I like it. They couldn't have found a more talented musician than Josh to fill Tom's shoes. I'm excited to see what we get out of the new Architect's formula now that some variables have changed. RIP Tom.

11. bpprox22

bpprox22 String Breaker

Now it's official:

[​IMG]

12. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

1.) I Love this new track. Its a perfect musical follow up to the last record as discussed earlier /\ and for obvious reasons.

2.) The video, and nearly all their recent videos are amazing given the importance they have take on given Toms death

3.) Josh officially joining is the best thing to come from this. It really really is. Expect more backing vocals which could be really nice. I know "Their" sound is Sam, but I hope we do get Josh contributing vocals on the newest album. Would be a shame to not use his metal vocal in in a backing vocal context.

4.) Nolly mixing the new stuff is amazing. I cant wait for the album (I assumed he done the whole album?)

5.) I cant love this band enough. In the face of adversity, and to keep Toms legend alive and well beyond his death, they have some how gotten stronger and better. Making the fans all feel a part of it and the journey through it is completely bitter sweet!. Dan talking about how life is yin/yang and if life can be this low and sad, it can also be equally as amazing on the opposite end. Amazing band, Amazing humans (animal charities etc), telling a completely human message. Watching their first UK show since Toms death in Birmingham was something I will never forget. I was straight up choking up. We were all feeling it and still do. My respect for them is at an enormous level. I wish them all the luck going forward. Exceptional band.

kamello likes this.
  13. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

I dig it. I definitely see the formula like others have mentioned, but it's one that works :yesway:

The new album seems very promising!

14. rifftrauma

rifftrauma Trapped in time...

I wonder if the guy who directed the video has seen Aronofsky's The Fountain... :lol:

So glad they officially announced Josh, maybe we can get a joint Sylosis tour with him pulling double duty.

Mathemagician likes this.
  15. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

This the band that Josh from Sylosis is just joined?

lewis likes this.
  16. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

it is indeed!
    he also confirmed Sylosis is still alive and well. He will try and juggle the 2. At least thats the intention.
    So no need to worry about them being over because of it.

17. Corusal

Corusal SS.org Regular

It will be really interesting to see where they go with Architects after they finished all the songs started by Tom. All of the guys are super talented, so I'm sure it will be great.

Also, Josh is a sick guitarist and I think he fits the bill really well.:hbang:

lewis likes this.
  18. bpprox22

bpprox22 String Breaker

19. sawtoothscream

sawtoothscream SS.org Regular

Ugh, just once would I love to not have to travel 3+ hrs to see a band. Have the option of NYC or Philly, both of which I like to avoid if possible.

Though might be worth the trip

20. bpprox22

bpprox22 String Breaker

It's with Stick to your Guns and Counterparts. All 3 of those are in my top 10 favorite bands so It would be work the travel to Cleveland for me.