Apparently Some Men Want to Legalize Rape...

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Church2224, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

Or some claim it. I need some help from those on SSO who maybe are more informed than I am...

I am not really into the whole "Third Wave Feminism" nor am I into the "Men's Right activates" movements. I do quite despise this whole "Pickup Artist" and "Neo Masculinity" movement as it is pretty amoral and destroys the self esteem of men who need real psychological help.

But if this is true, and if this degenerate and his followers are advocating this I am truly disgusted -

‘Pro-rape’ blogger organizes meetings for men across U.S. | WTVR.com

Roosh V: 'Pick-up artist' labels protesters

Can some one at least fact check this information for me and if he really is advocated the legalization of rape?

I have two friends, and an ex, who were raped. It is not something I take lightly at all. So if some one could shed some light on this, it would be great.

2. ihunda

ihunda SS.org Regular

It looks like pure bad marketing. Nothing to see here,

3. downburst82

downburst82 SS.org Regular

4. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Looks like a waste of O2 lifeform. His argument about rape is so transparent we're talking about negative n,k values.
    Return of the kings? Tribes? Secret meetings? Yes they are just misunderstood individuals with no plans for sexual violence towards women. And they're true men, none of that homo crap.

5. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

So what they're saying is, poor tough tribal kings are afraid of being publicly known or laughed at by feminists and non-masculine men. Poor guys :lol:

Also - the article that keeps getting linked when his legalise rape thing is brought up is one where he spouted a load of ranty nonsense about women getting raped, then for some reason suggested rape on private property be legalised because somehow, that'd stop rape. He received a ton of backlash and backpedaled days later, claiming the article to be satirical/humorous of nature.

Doesn't mean Roosh (and most of his followers) isn't a flaming pile of dung, though.

6. Vrollin

Vrollin SS.org Regular

Yeah, I don't think these sorts of people can be called men....

7. jeremyb

jeremyb SS.org Regular

I think everyone who supports this filth should get raped by a band of big leather clad gay dudes with huge .......s, just so they know how it feels.

8. canuck brian

canuck brian Bowes Guitars Contributor

I'm still trying to grasp how some lanky, skeezy looking dumbass is apparently a "ladies man."

I can't grasp at all what kind of guys would actually show up to this event but i'm guessing it will be a bunch of basement dwelling "nice guys" that have been "friendzoned."

You're the one who made the original post - hop to it.

9. celticelk

celticelk Enflamed with prayer

10. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

I bet it's worse than that. It's probably the complete loser 40 year old virgin with no social skills, no job and still playing video games all day long in his parents' basement.

11. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

Judging by the guys I've met that were into PUA stuff, they're actually pretty regular looking guys that just can't seem to get laid.

12. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

^ They were trying to learn how to pick up girls or trying to legalize rape? One goes several orders of magnitude further in the lack of self respect department than the other. :lol:

13. AugmentedFourth

AugmentedFourth X:1 K:C [c^f]|

Fixed that for you

Yeah, it's strange isn't it, how in a culture where women are sexually commodified such that it's both a woman's fault that she gets creeped on because of her wardrobe and it's socially positive to "pick up chicks" that subcultures can crop up defending rape and apologizing for rapists. It's almost like they go hand in hand or something, as if we live in a culture that reinforces sexist objectification.

14. MrWulf

MrWulf SS.org Regular

I feel weird reading this, by the way. Not because i think Roosh and his people deserved to be hang over it, but rather because of the blatant misinformation/character assassination that has been going on to the guy. Nowhere in his meeting does it stated that it was a "pro rape" event (as showed by the Snopes link), but there it is, getting propagated like flies around feces. Then again, they are acceptable targets, aren't they?

15. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

Yeah that is the reason I wanted to start this thread. Some people know more about finding the core truth better than I can. That plus I have little free time anymore to dig deep into anything:lol:

He did mention something about legalizing rape in an article he wrote, however he says it is satire. Not sure, he still seems like some one I would be skeptical of.

16. JPhoenix19

JPhoenix19 Playing life by ear

If this guy is advocating ideas which would strengthen rape culture, then I'd classify that as "pro-rape".

17. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

There's people here defending Phil Anselmo being a racist, and now RooshV.

I thought this site was better than this.

Sounds like the "It was a joke!" excuse when someone's called out.

18. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

My vision of the types of guys that would show up at these "meetings":
    [​IMG]

I'm friends with a lot of guys in the Detroit/Flint hardcore scene, and I know a multitude of them were planning on going to the meet there to most likely beat people to death, though it was cancelled. I would never partake in that sort of manner, but it somewhat shares my sentiments on how they should be treated.

19. erdiablo666

erdiablo666 Do not go Djently

^ Hey, where did you get that picture of me???

Seriously though this .... makes me so angry I think I would actually resort to physical violence against this Roosh guy. And I'm usually very laid back.