Anyone run an orange ppc212 jr and ppc212ob together?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by malicioustoast, Sep 21, 2015.

1. malicioustoast

malicioustoast Regular

corpus christi, tx
    Hello, I'm new to this forum thing so please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place but here's my dilemma.

I'm looking for a new cab, one that isn't too large to lug around for gigs but still plenty loud and great sounding so most likely a 212. I play metal, all different types really but my band really likes to get heavy and so I love my chugs and distortion. I really like sound of orange cabs and their v30s (I have them in my kustom 412) but have not owned one. I have played the 212 cb and loved it. I'm aware that the 212 jr does not have those speakers, but the 212 ob does. My thinking is that if I grab a 212 jr now and a 212 ob later, do you think those speakers will compliment each other well enough while still getting the bass response from the 212 jr from it being a closed back and it actually sound good? I never played on the jim root before so I can only go by what I hear on demos. I'm open to getting 2 212cb but if I can save a buck and make my gear lighter I'm all for that too. Has anyone tried to make a stack of the jr and ob together? Or should I just bite the bullet and grab the 212 cb that I want and man up to carry my own gear? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

BTW if it helps I'm using a laney ironheart irt60 with a noise clamp, usually ruining that into a kustom 412 with v30s. Sometimes i use a line 6 spider 4 150 watt head too. Guitars are schecter hellraiser c7 fr with emg 707s, schecter blackjack c1 fr with sd nazgul and sentient pups and occasionally a fender strat, no idea what pickups are on that one everything is stock on it.