Anyone play the Jackson Dominion?

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by ryugkun, Feb 26, 2012.

1. ryugkun

ryugkun Lazy Bastard

I recently got enough money saved up for a real good guitar. I've always been a big Jackson fan and I've heard great things about this guitar sound wise, but I hear mixed opinions on the neck. Is it really that big as some people make it out to be?

I mean my main guitar is a Dean STD Dime V, and those necks aren't small at all.

So do any of you guys have or have had/played the Dominion and what do you think of it?

Mattmc74 likes this.
  2. Max_SMW

Max_SMW SS.org Regular

I just recently played the Dominion in our local store, was overwhelmed with how great it is!
    Personally I don`t like the looks but it plays and sounds awesome.

For my taste it has the perfect neck, but I like having a bit larger necks (that`s why I have a LP).
    Didn`t find it that large though.

If you have the chance go an test it, that guitar is definitively worth the money!

3. Kstring

Kstring SCHECTER

i agree with max, the neck is very much like a LP. The guitar is very light and the chambered body helps with sustain the SD 59 pickups sound awesome and work for anything, just overall this guitar is worth every penny.

4. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

It was probably the flat top, but when I tried one out it reminded me a lot of playing an SG. The balance, neck, and overall feel were very similar in my hands. It was nice and comfortable. It's certainly not a stereotypical "shred" or "Metal" guitar, but it was really fun to play. I really couldn't find a gripe with it to be honest.

The neck itself was comfortably thick and round. We're not talking a Fender Esquire/Nocaster "Boat" neck, but more of a 60's Gibson.

5. C-PIG

C-PIG SS.org Regular

i agree with everyone on the dominion, i have owned 3 of them and they were great guitars my only complaint with them is they have med sized frets which i wasnt a fan of , if i ever get one again i will def refret it . other than that ,and the new price tag i have no complaints , great guitar.

6. seventhcircle

seventhcircle SS.org Regular

get it dude. you wont regret it. i was nervous about the neck at first because im used to the super thin/fast Jackson necks but i felt good on it immediately and could play it just as well as any other jackson. It has a compound radius neck as well so it still feels good to get high up there and shred. As for sound.... its amazing. best sounding guitar i own. try and get a chance to play one but if you cant im sure it will get nothing but positive reviews from all of us.

and heres my dominion :D

Attached Files:

• dom.jpg
      dom.jpg
      File size:
      18.1 KB
      Views:
  7. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

You won't be disappointed getting it after you play it.

8. ryugkun

ryugkun Lazy Bastard

Thanks for all the imput guys! :metal:

This is my first guitar that I'm putting this much money into and I really wanna make the right decision.

The versatility was a big thing for me, one being chambered and two the pickups with coil tapping are both awesome features.

....and the LOG fan inside of my is all giddy and shit