Anyone is UK had things from MUSIC123.COM?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by dudeskin, Nov 1, 2009.

1. dudeskin

dudeskin SS.org Regular

Hi all. just had a look on there, they have a peavey 6505+ for $1020. about £640 i think. thats realy well priced for us in the uk.
    so, anyone ever bought an amp or big item from them or other places and got it shipped over?
    i had my B.C RICH from music123, got charged about £80 import for it.

i know a music shop near me has a 6505+ in for about £850 but would it work out cheaper from the states?

thanks
    joe

2. metal_sam14

metal_sam14 Tard

it wouldnt be worth your while to get it from the states, heres why:
    it will cost a shit load to get it shipped from the US to the UK
    the head will be an american voltage version, meaning you will need to buy a step down transformer because the UK have a different voltage powerpoint dont you? otherwise you will blow up the head, and you will witness the fried electronics smell, the only smell where you know for certain that something has momumentaly fucked itself :p

so once you add all that up you might as well have bought it from your local store

3. dudeskin

dudeskin SS.org Regular

good point well made.
    thanks, i kinda forgot about that side of things.

job done in one post.wow.

:hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang:

4. John_Strychnine

John_Strychnine I Was Once Groove.

I don't think music 123 ship to the uk anymore?
    I ordered a 7420 from them for £150 (brand new) back when Ibanez just discontinued them, got it within a week, really good company!

5. dudeskin

dudeskin SS.org Regular

Yeah, i thorth the same when i ordered my warlock. after i figured out that you shouldnt wait for things to come into stock on a date to order it, just order it, then they get them in for you.doh!
    it arrived in the morning via UPS, but my mum hid it from me so that i would still got to school. what a night i had.lol

i would defo buy from them again, but as pointed out, nothing electrical :wallbash:.

:shred:

6. Teaboy

Teaboy New Member

I got some DiMarzio 7 pickups from there. They were $120 each instead of £120 each, so I got quite a saving.

Plus Mr Tax man didn't charge me :D