Anyone here never get hungry?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by leftyguitarjoe, Mar 24, 2015.

1. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

I woke up a 7am today. Its about 3pm now and I'm still not hungry. This is pretty much how it is every day for me. I'll eat one huge meal around 8 or 9pm. Sometimes I'll miss a day without realizing it and have to force some food in me when I start feeling tired or weak, but hunger is something I rarely feel. When offered food in the morning or afternoon, the thought of eating it makes me feel nauseous. Breakfast is literally repulsive to me, and I love breakfast food.

I'm 5'7" (1.7ish meters) and 130lbs (61 kilos) and cannot gain weight. I'm 25 and have hovered at or below this weight since I was 16. I dont want to build muscle or bulk up or anything. I just want to gain 5 or 10lbs of fat to get me where I should be.

2. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

"130 lbs and cannot gain weight."

>Posts that he hasn't eaten since last night. :lol:

Gaining weight, regardless of what type of weight, takes eating a lot more than you're used to. I was around 138 in January of last year. 4 months after that, I was up about 15 lbs after eating roughly 4 whole meals a day, plus some snacks here and there. I'm around 170 right now, and wish I could get bigger (military restraints :rolleyes:). Add about 500 more calories per day than you're already eating regularly (if you can even call it that), and you should see a little bit of added weight. Also, you may not want to bulk up, or get muscly, but adding fat is the absolute worst way to go about it. Adding that much weight in pure fat isn't healthy, and you'll notice. You'll get slower, exhaust much quicker, and just feel generally worn down throughout the day. So, I say adding a combination of lean muscle and a little bit of fat is going to be much more beneficial for you.

3. Humbuck

Humbuck SS.org Regular

I wish I had your problem.

Smoke pot. Weight gain here I come.

4. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger Contributor

I'm permanently hungry. I have to eat 5-7 meals a day because of my high-metabolism and active job. I can't really eat junk or fast food though.

5. Millul

Millul SS.org Regular

I'd spend the day eatin', if I could!

6. isispelican

isispelican SS.org Regular

Start exercising or smoking weed XD

7. Datura

Datura SS.org Regular

61kg is a healthy weight for your height.

Edit: if you are 130 pounds you actually weigh 59 kilos, however even then you're still in the healthy weight range.

8. Alex Kenivel

Alex Kenivel Psycho, dont engage

Lay off the hard drugs?

9. erdiablo666

erdiablo666 Do not go Djently

I used to be considered "underweight" when I was younger. My mom had doctors check me out and everything. Then I reached drinking age...then I discovered weight lifting...then I discovered "weight gainer" protein powders...I have a hard time staying under 175 now (5'8" for reference)

10. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

I'm with you on that one :agreed:.

11. jonsick

jonsick SS.org Regular

When I first started as a heavy ol' lad many years ago, I never felt hungry either.

Now I'm down to a far more reasonable weight and my metabolism has kicked in, testosterone has increased, etc, then sure I actually feel hunger now.

12. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

Why would you just want to gain fat to get you to some mythical appropriate weight for your height?

BMI is, and always has been, a total joke. Most people who are actually in good shape would be considered overweight or even obese according to it. What actually matters is body fat percentage versus lean body weight.

If your body fat is at an appropriate level and you have enough muscle tissue to get through the day without feeling drained (since you don't want to "bulk up") than don't worry about hitting some specific weight range.