Anyone heard from Sherman lately?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by angus, Sep 22, 2009.

1. angus

angus SS.org Regular

Edit: I can't delete a post?

2. MF_Kitten

MF_Kitten Set up us the bomb

The business between Sherman and me are done, and the guitars are here, and the quality is great. That is all.

3. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

you got yours finally? I sent him an e-mail a couple months ago asking if he was working on my guitar again, and didn't hear back. I'm gettin kinda excited now.. have a powerful urge to get a new axe..

4. hanachanmaru

hanachanmaru SS.org Regular

hey there MF Kitten dont mind show us your axe in the name of sherman? thanks ! i like collecting pics of mike's axes:metal:

5. Randy

Randy Ooh, Degrasse Tyson-son Super Moderator

6. MF_Kitten

thanks, Randy.

7. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

Just an update in case anyone cared. Mike is still impossible to get a hold of. All communication still goes unanswered. Phone messages not answered, e-mails not answered, no fresh pics of the guitar. Last I heard from him was middle of August, last year, when he told me guitar would be ready in middle of September. Two e-mails since then (one in January, one just a few weeks ago), and a phone message, still nothing.

8. Overtone

Overtone SS.org Regular

Just a quick bump to say I got my guitar. I had been waiting several years as well.

I think Mike genuinely intends to get everyone their guitars. It sounds like many just need to have the clearcoating finished, which is a process he takes very seriously. A lot of guitars, a lot of coats, but it's part of what makes his guitars what they are. I know it's frustrating because for a long time mine just needed the clearcoats and it never seemed to come, but eventually it did. This is consistent with what Chris said was going on earlier in the year, it's just taking time. But please don't hold me to that...

Anyway, hope to see some more happy posters soon!

9. angus

angus SS.org Regular

Sounds good, but it doesn't take years to get clearcoats "right". Who knows. I'm not really much for speculation at this point, for better or worse.

Anyway I'm past 6 years on the final one (actually the first one I ordered), and we're in the final stages of sorting it out with a professional. Just the way it has to go sometimes.

Cheers on getting your guitar, though- I hope you enjoy the hell out of it! I love the color. :)

10. leonardo7

leonardo7 Banned

Mine has been in the "only needing clearcoat" stage for 3 years now and in 3 months it would have been 4 years since I paid a $1700 deposit. Through texting, this past April he said it would be ready to ship soon. I dont think Ive ever wanted a guitar so bad before. Ive gone months without asking whats up or asking how he is doing. I just sit and wait patiently.

This is the state its been in for some time now: 27″ Scale 7 String | Michael Sherman Guitars
    He built some curly maple pickup rings for it as we are putting in BKP Aftermaths, not EMGs like its routed for. As of this past April, the rings were made and like I said, he said it would be ready to ship soon. Im not sure what happened.

I am very happy that you got yours and I hope mine is next and soon. I know I will get it eventually but its been almost 4 years!

11. leonardo7

leonardo7 Banned

Mike texted me last week that "everything on order will be outta here for x-mas"

:hbang:

Overtone likes this.
  12. leonardo7

leonardo7 Banned

Well that one didn't hold true

13. leonardo7

leonardo7 Banned

Excuse after excuse after the same old bullshit from this guy :noway:

14. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

I haven't heard from him at all, though, so you are still one up on me

15. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

well, just got the first e-mail I've had from Mike in 1.5 years+. Except it appears to be dangerous spam or something?

16. angus

angus SS.org Regular

I got it, too.

17. angus

angus SS.org Regular

18. Overtone

Overtone SS.org Regular

I was hoping things would turn around, so it's a shame if the situation is getting worse/not improving. I wouldn't have posted an NGD if I didn't think things were gonna get better. I've had to work on a few things on my guitar to get it up to my expectations but he did tell me I could send it back for more work so it would be up to par. I decided that might end up taking longer than expected and would probably keep him from working on the rest of the builds so naturally I didn't.

He sounded kinda bummed/not well the last time we were in contact but I didn't pry. I know he's contradicted himself a few times with me too but I never could say I know if it's "The runaround" or that there is something deeper happening like an issue hanging over his head.

19. MF_Kitten

I also received the spam/virus/whatever email from Mike. It happens to many people, doesn't mean anything. Just don't open the link in the mail.

20. leonardo7

leonardo7 Banned

He just texted me that mine will be ready this month

Overtone likes this.