Any love for Within Temptation on here?

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by frogman81, Sep 16, 2018.

1. frogman81

frogman81 SS.org Regular

They just put out a new single this week. I know it may veer a little far into “hard rock” territory or have too many straight sixteenth note strums for some people on here but I dig it pretty hard. Pretty heavy at times, great vocals as usual from Sharon. The guest vocals work for me.

2. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I spun Hydra a number of times, and "What Have You Done" is a great song.
    I will say, for a symphonic metal band, they get some pretty high profile guests on their tracks. Xzibit on "And We Run" was actually pretty damn cool.

3. frogman81

frogman81 SS.org Regular

Cool man. You should explore back into their discography a bit, more great stuff.

4. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

Faster from The Unforgiving is one of my favourite songs of all time from any band in general. Don't recommend listening to it on repeat whilst riding a sports bike, it's far too much fun and you will loose your licence xD

5. JohnIce

JohnIce Singlecoil Enthusiast

I was a huge fan back around 2004! Had all their albums and DVD's and bonus tracks and shit :lol: I lost interest as they went less LARP-y and more radio rock though, The Heart of Everything was really the last album I cared for. It's a shame cause that's when Sharon started to really sing like a rockstar, but the music wasn't as interesting anymore :p The first few records had those nutty moments of long form prog goth meets Tori Amos and Kate Bush that I loved, after that they started to sound more trend-hopping and just lost a lot of personality I think. Still a solid live band though!

sirbuh likes this.
  6. beneharris

beneharris SS.org Regular

These guys give me the fuzzy nostalgia feels. I remember when I was moving into the first house I lived at once I moved out of my parent's house, and the cd I had on while I was unpacking was Mother Earth. Such a great cd.