Last night my 5 year old son fell out of bed. I knew it was him because the thump was so hard and he sleeps on the top bunk, he was whimpering when I first came to him but he soon stopped. I examined him and asked him some questions, there was no signs of impact on his head, when I asked him where he hit his head he indicated the area between his eyebrows, he assured me he was o.k and that his head did not hurt also he told me that he did not fall from his bed and that he was actually in his brothers bed which is the lower bed. I wanted to believe this but we tucked him into his bed last night and the thud was way to loud for a fall from that height. This morning he informed me that he actually fell from his bed however he seemed fine and reported no complaints. A few hours ago he told me that his head hurts a little, I asked him where and he indicated the top front left side of his head. I asked him some more questions and examined him and there seemed to be no other symptoms so I thought I should just monitor him and see if anything changes. Well about half an hour ago he vomited so now I am starting to worry. I have checked him again everything else about him seems fine except that I noticed he has a black eye, it is the right side and it is barely noticeable unless you examine the area closely. Because he vomited I thought I should eliminate what he has eaten today as a cause, when my wife and I were discussing what he had eaten he informed me that he and his brother had some apple muffin bars that my Dad brought up with him when he was here, I did not even know we had them, when I checked the packet I noticed the used by date was may last year so this could be another cause of the vomiting but his brother also ate one and is feeling fine. We live 1.5 hours from the nearest public hospital and I am unsure if they will just send us home until things get worse. I am looking for some advice as to whether I should follow my gut and take him (I'm 50/50) and what type of care he is likely to receive (if they are likely to run tests at this stage) or if he is likely to be turned away until things get worse (which seems to be the norm for public health care, they did it to me when I was a teen). I have just asked him about pain and he now says that the is no pain anywhere at all. So should I take him now or is he likely to get turned away and should I wait to see if his condition changes? It has now been 14 hours since he fell.