Any 7s with a Tele body style and trem system?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by d3vourm3nt, Oct 12, 2017.

1. d3vourm3nt

d3vourm3nt SS.org Regular

Looking for a telecaster body style with a trem system, having a hard time finding any. If anyone knows of any, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Gravy Train

Gravy Train Night Fiddler

The now discontinued Schecter Wes Hauch PT7 FR model might still be available in some places (that’d be my best bet).

I recently got a prototype Schecter PT7 FR, so that might be a sign that Schecter will release one at this next NAMM.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  3. JSanta

JSanta SS.org Regular

4. cardinal

cardinal SS.org Regular

Really hoping Charvel will fix this and offer its 7-string Tele-thing with a Floyd this Winter NAMM. Charvel and Floyd belong together.

Wolfhorsky likes this.
  5. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Hard to find, but a Schecter Wes Hauch.

[​IMG]

6. Sicarius

Sicarius Reggie J Worthington

7. ThePhilosopher

ThePhilosopher Reason User Contributor

Neither of which are 7 strings.

8. Ebony

Ebony "The Sugarcoater"

Reiver guitars have a shape called TKO Classic that is pretty telecaster-like and although the guitar in the link have neither 7 strings nor tremolo they do build guitars with those features. They have a thread on this forum, definitely worth checking out.

https://reiverguitars.co.uk/2017/07/28/tkoclassic6/

9. Wolfos

Wolfos SS.org Regular

10. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

Jericho guitars, they built a few Tele 7's and if you shoot them an email they may be able to add a floyd, they're very flexible with their specs.

Made in the WMI factory same as PRS, Chapman, Schecter etc.

11. gingerman

gingerman SS.org Regular

Go kiesel, but with no fancy options or requests. Will be best bang for your money

12. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

They actually have two tele-shaped 7-string models with trems (not sure why JSanta linked to the Solo 6-string. Ha!)

TL70 is a neck-through 25.5" scale, and can come with the Floyd Rose.
    https://www.kieselguitars.com/catalog/guitars/tl70
    Starts at $1294 (including the floyd upgrade, and the nut clamp, ground shipping in the US and their 'Ultimate Soft Case')
    At that price, you can pick all sorts of finishes and other upgrades as that base price comes with $100 to put towards any upgrades you can select..anything from some woods, stainless frets, tung oil neck, or many colors to select that could fall in that $100 range and be "free". 12 colors are available at no charge, 3 are $30, 17 are $40, and 11 are $100. So in total, without a penny over the starting price, you have your choice of 43 colors...and most are available in gloss or satin. And an all-over tung oil finish. Oh, and their open-grain satin clear "raw tone" (which does waive the 10-day trial period), for probably over 100 total finish combinations available for "free*" (*included in the base price). Or, use that hundred bucks for stainless frets and a tung oil neck and you've got 80+ finish combos at your disposal and a real "players" guitar.

Their Solo model is their bolt-on tele-shaped body, and can come with either a Floyd Rose, or their modified Hipshot Contour trem. It comes standard as 25.5, but I *believe*, if you wave the 10-day trial, that they will make a 27" scale model. I know they did a 26.5" scale on the 6 string.
    https://www.kieselguitars.com/catalog/guitars/s7
    Starts at $1194 with the hipshot contour trem, and $50 more for the floyd and nut clamp (including ground shipping in the US and their 'Ultimate Soft Case') and has the same free $100 you can use towards upgrades.
    This is a bolt-on, and includes the tung oil finish on the neck as standard, which I'm sure many would recommend you get no matter what, but it would cost $60 on the TL70.

[/kiesel fanboy post]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  13. HaloHat

HaloHat 7 string Baritones

Bryant Custom Guitars
    bryantcustomguitars@gmail.com

He has been building at Warmoth for years. He has his own shop as well, I've been there personally. He also has access and experience with a huge verity of woods, hardware and electrnoics. He also winds custom pick-ups.

Quality person. Quality guitar builds. He will definitely be building my next customs, electric and acoustic 7's
    He has a Facebook page, is working on his own website and has several mostly old YouTube vids with Tele's though he can build you anything you want pretty much.

Decent prices and build times. Totally trustworthy. I'm sure he would be happy to email you photos of his builds. The man knows what he is doing for sure. And yes he has done work on my guitars so I am speaking from personal experience.

Tim Bryant builds awesome 7 string Tele's.
    And 8 string Tele's
    And 14 string Tele's
    Pretty much any style and specs guitar you want.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    cardinal likes this.