Another greeting from San Diego

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Backsnack, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Backsnack

Backsnack Many strings

Hi SSO! I'm writing to you all from sunny San Diego!

I just joined earlier this week, and made my first post in the RG8 mods thread.

I play two different instruments: guitar and Chapman Stick. I'm currently working on music that combines the two: utilizing Stick for big range, piano-like comping behind, and in between, heavy low-tuned guitars. So I guess that would be kinda prog metal? :scratch:

I'm a somewhat obsessed Opeth fanboy. (See av.) I grew up on a steady diet of Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Dream Theater, who were the main reasons I picked up guitar in high school.

I'm a recent owner of a lightly used RG8FM in transparent gray, which is currently at the shop for its first round of mods to make it actually playable. (It arrived at my house with insane amounts of fret buzz with the factory tuning.)

I also have a stock Ibanez RG7321 that will be mostly shelved while I get comfortable with the new 8 string.

This forum has been a great resource for research about pickups, mods, and many other things. So I figured I should join so I can chime in every once and a while.

2. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Scooped All The Mids

Welcome to the forum