And Your First Potential 2016 US Presidential Candidate Is!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by groverj3, Mar 23, 2015.

1. groverj3

groverj3 Biologist/Guitarist

Ted. Cruz.

Ted Cruz Announces Presidential Bid - NBC News

Gross

Maybe I've just been watching a lot of House of Cards lately but I have to wonder if the plan here is to get him to rally the uber right-wing voters and then drop out to pledge his support to someone else that actually has a chance. :lol:

Actually, I'm not sure. Maybe I like him running. It does nothing but fracture the GOP and create more infighting between them all.

2. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

Here we go again:
    ..Europe grabs popcorn and eagerly awaits the result of your shenanigans:
    Will you elect a guy who:

a) Wants to destroy the world as we know it.

or

b) Has vague intentions of making the world a better place.

3. groverj3

Imagine the frustration of a sizable number of US citizens having to participate in the joke that is our political system just so we can cast our votes for the least crazy of two candidates and have them still ignore the issues we find most pressing.

At least I can say that Cruz has about as much of a chance of becoming president as I do :lol:. Still, it's irritating to have to come to terms with the fact that people like this are involved in running our government at all.

4. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

I feel you bro. For us it is much the same (atleast here in Denmark, can't speak for other countries). Our candidates only seem to be in politics for their own personal gain - Making the world a better place is so yesterday, apparently.

5. TheStig1214

TheStig1214 Mr. Tophat Jones

:facepalm:

I'm not democrat or republican, hell I don't know if I'm just independent or libertarian or what. For the love of God, please don't let this guy be president. Please let this be a Tea Party rallying campaign.

On the other hand, I think this guy is going to have a field day with Ted Cruz's twitter now.

6. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

I don't really mind TC, but he doesn't strike me as a potential winner either.
    I'm still predicting Scott Walker to get the nomination at the end of the run.

7. Captain Butterscotch

Captain Butterscotch SS.org Regular

I don't understand how people would vote for this guy. Then again, I don't understand how people would vote for Hillary Clinton. Americans are ....ing dumb.

+1

8. Mike

Mike The Traveler Contributor

I'm waiting on this crazy sob's presidential bid.

[​IMG]

9. pink freud

pink freud SS.org Regular

To be fair this time around we might elect a gal instead!

10. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

I highly doubt that one!!!

11. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

Coming from a country who elected its first female prime minister about 3 years ago, I can tell you that it makes surprising little difference.

Sarah Palin would fit in the category "Wants to destroy the world as we know it." :lol:

For reference our prime minister is the woman on the left:

[​IMG]

Danish prime ministers: Spending at least half their time licking some serious boot on whoever is American president.

12. groverj3

At this point it's pretty understood the front-runner not just for the Democratic Party's nomination, but the whole race overall, is probably Hillary Clinton.

While I would probably vote for her, in no way is she ideal for me. I'd be much more of a fan of Elizabeth Warren (yeah, I know big surprise coming from me :lol:) but she isn't as experienced and might be too far left for the general public to get behind. I fully expect Warren to run at some point, but probably not until the following election at the earliest.

And, yes, Sarah Palin having the ability to launch nuclear strikes should scare everyone...

13. groverj3

Michelle looks uber jealous :lol:

14. asher

asher So Did We

No possible way that could be two people sharing some jokes. Obviously bootlicking.

:lol:

15. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

I honestly don't think she Hillary will run but thats just my :2c:

That being said, I would vote for her in a heart beat. She's less of a nut job than 95% of the candidates so that's a plus in my book.

Her experience is pretty tough to beat.

16. Zeno

Zeno SZ Hunter

I love how everybody seems to miss that he was born in Canada.

Can't be the president unless you were born in the United States, buddy. By all means, run, waste the money, make a fool of yourself, please.

But anybody worried about him actually becoming president, don't be - he can't be!

17. asher

asher So Did We

... to American citizen parents. He gets citizenship at birth. He's a "natural born candidate" or whatever the technical phrase is.

Unfortunately.

That nobody else on the right is raising any stink about it though shows just how "principled" all the birther crap was though.

ed: Hillary is absolutely going to run.

I don't actually think Warren ever will (she's a lot older than she looks!), and I hope she stays in the Senate.

18. groverj3

You need to be a natural-born citizen, and 90% of the time that means born within the country. However, his mother was a US citizen, which means that despite being born in Canada he was a cititzen at birth. So, technically he is eligible. He's unfit to be president for a myriad of other reasons though.

I'm waiting for the Ted Cruz birthers to come out :lol:. If our current prez was born in Hawaii, an actual US state, and people doubt his citizenship I'm sure there must be plenty that will doubt the citizenship of someone not actually born in the country.

Edit: Ninja'ed

19. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

Agreed :lol: I more choose the picture because I thought some of you guys may know the guy in the middle of the picture.

20. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

I like fivethirtyeight.com's take:

Let’s Be Serious About Ted Cruz From The Start: He’s Too Extreme And Too Disliked To Win | FiveThirtyEight

They don't actually mean that literally, that he's running to make the eventual nominee look moderate by comparison... But, that's effectively what will happen.