An even more addicting MiniClip game

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Drew, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

http://www.miniclip.com/motherload.htm

"Motherload" - your this little robot that has to dig down through the martian soil looking for ore. Surprisingly fun, but if you start to get bored, the real fun begins around 1500 feet. ;)

I hit a bit over a million and a half last night, although I saved a few times which reset my score, so really I was pushing 2.5. Got 29th on the daily high scores either way. :metal:

2. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf Contributor

This game rocks :hbang:

It's amazing to me, that even as advanced and awesome as games are nowadays, we still can really enjoy the simple ones. This game reminds me of Dig Dug, and that used to be my favorite arcade game back in the day.

3. Naren

Naren OldschoolGhettostyle

Dude, I hate this game. I got down about 750 feet with 4 upgrades and $1500, and I was being real careful, but somehow I barely touch the ground below me and my hull blows up... I'm like "crap... the last time I saved, I had almost nothing"... It's probably for the better, though. These type of online games just suck up your time and give you nothing in return...

4. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Yeah, you have to land gently - push up right before you land, so you don't hit too hard and eat through your hull.

So, I spent the morning playing - 8 million points, down as far as 5,500 feet before I was blown up by a gas pocket. Oh, and it turns out there's more of a storyline to the game than "dig down and get stuff to get points" - cool. ;)

Hint for anyne who wants to get into this one - the secret to getting as much points and money (of the two, money's worth far more long-term) is not being as thorough as possible, but rather to as quickly as possible get to the point where you can get down as far as possible quickly, stay down there as long as possible, and get back to the surface quickly. remember, it's a mining game - try digging a shaft. ;)

5. Battle-axe

Battle-axe SS.org Regular

Great game man!:hbang:

Its f**kin' addictive...been playing it for 3 hours straight...didn't even notice how long its been.... :eek:

6. Shikaru

Shikaru Mechanical Thunder Contributor

6.6 mil for me before I got caught by a gas pocket, If i'd made it back to the surface i would've got an insane amount of cash from my cargo as well lol Oh well, 31st on the daily high scores isn't too bad.

incidentally drew, I got blown up at 5500 feet too lol

7. Roland777

Roland777 SS.org Regular

I played this a long time ago. :D It's great.

8. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Daily high scores has been down for me every time I've played. I've gotten up to 14 million, and made it ALL the way to the bottom - you'll see what I mean when you get there. ;)

Oh, by the time you get that deep, you really need a material transporter to get back to the surface, as a lot of the ore down there is so heavy it'll realyl slow you down when you try to climb.

9. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

:D

Attached Files:

10. Shawn

Shawn Ibanez Guitars Forum MVP

This is a pretty cool game. Like TDW said, It does remind me of Dig Dug a little. :yesway: