An app

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Sugbaable, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Sugbaable

Sugbaable SS.org Regular

Im sure this has been brought up before. But using an app would be a lot less cumbersome than using internet on mobile devices. Seems like a lot of forums have apps also so I thought Id throw it out there.

2. Danukenator

Danukenator Kane's Bane

I seem to remember the issue was that someone might exploit the security of the app to gain login details.

3. Sugbaable

Sugbaable SS.org Regular

How do other forums do the app then? Do they run the risk of this happening?

4. Watty

Watty Naturally Cynical

That aside, I don't know that there's really a justification to introduce the expense for developing the "link" between an existing app platform and this forum in particular, regardless of whether it's easy or not to do so. I don't know what the stats are, but there aren't a TON of people who regularly post that seem to have paid money to contribute to the forum (just resub'd today), so I'd imagine that it's not worth it from a financial perspective anyways.

Edit: And with less than 100 posts in a year's time, using a mobile browser can't be that cumbersome since you aren't posting much. Not trying to say you have to post or anything, but having someone who doesn't actively participate on the forum a ton request that the work be done to get an app together seems a bit.....