Airis Effects Savage Drive Limited Rick and Morty Run

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Blytheryn, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Guys, I looked and all I could find are decals that would be way too big for my Rat pedal. Anyone know of a small Pickle Rick sticker I can buy?

2. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Blames it on "the rain"

3. Spaced Out Ace

4. thebrokeguitarist

thebrokeguitarist Friendly Alcoholic

I have one of the first run PikaDrives. It crapped out on me about a week ago. It powers on fine and I get signal with it bypassed but as soon as I engage it I lose all signal. It had a phenomenal sound while it lasted though.

Blytheryn likes this.
  5. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

Definitely hope they're up to the hype then... I quite like the sounds I hear from the demos, and hoping it tides me over until I can score a Fortin Grind.

6. thebrokeguitarist

thebrokeguitarist Friendly Alcoholic

You'll dig it if you're after a drive pedal to use as a boost. Tightest, middiest, most cutting tone I've ever gotten out of a pedal. I might open it up and see if a solder joint went bad since it works in bypass mode.

Spaced Out Ace and Blytheryn like this.
  7. Blytheryn

That's exactly what I'm looking for. stoked.

8. Spaced Out Ace

Hope you figure out what's wrong with it.

9. Beheroth

Beheroth SS.org Regular

made by airis effects

marcwormjim likes this.
  10. Blytheryn

I keep hearing random negative stuff, but not overwhelming amounts... Care to elaborate?

11. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

His vendor account got banned a while back but I don't remember why.

There were a bunch of accusations of rehousing other people's pedals and selling them as his own. A mod made a thread about it asking if anyone could provide proof, pictures of rehoused pcb's, etc but nobody could so I assume just unfounded bs.

Worst I saw was that for the liver kick, it's a TC electronic integrated preamp clone (which neither he nor Lasse were secretive about) using the rullywow 'chuggapre' pcb. But i don't see that as a big deal... If someone else is selling a pre-printed PCB of the pedal you want to make, why would you spend more money and time making your own?

12. Spaced Out Ace

I remember the guy making Titan Amps got some shit from some people because he was supposedly using Soldano clone PCBs or some shit. I don't particularly see an issue with that as long as it's not a straight up copy as a result, but some people did if memory serves. I do, however, remember them sounding pretty fucking beastly. If memory serves, they were sorta like a Hiwatt and Soldano had kinky satanic bloodcult lamb sacrificing sex, and produced some hellspawn of an amp.

mnemonic likes this.
  13. Beheroth

Beheroth SS.org Regular

They get shit cause those kind of pcb are made for diy project not commercial use. This is shady at best, illegal depending where you're from.

14. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

I don't see anything on rullywow's site asking people not to use his pcb's for retail pedals. I also don't really get how using a pcb suppliers pcb's for your pedals would be illegal. I bet half the modded TS's out there probably start on a BYOC pcb.

If you don't like airis products, business practices or the guy himself, that's totally fine, but I don't think we need to make stuff up.

15. Blytheryn

I heard about that as well, honestly doesn't really bother me. a PCB is a PCB.

Is there really a difference? I know that most small pedalmakers have their PCB's made out of house. As long as Rullywow is making money, Airis is making money, and you're getting a product I can't really see what the problem is. Also, is there any further evidence beyond the Liverkick? I am curious.

16. Beheroth

Beheroth SS.org Regular

Blytheryn likes this.
  17. Beheroth

Beheroth SS.org Regular

also i doubt they have any autorisation to use the rick morty character's design and that can be illegal

18. Blytheryn

No harm done, man. I'll open up my Portal Drive when I get it and see what's inside if you're still curious. Like I said, I'm jonesing for a 33 or a Grind, but can't really justify that expense right now, and I feel that this might get me somewhat close.

I agree when it comes to the Rick and Morty art, don't know what allows him to bypass that it isn't his intellectual property... That is potentially illegal.

Beheroth likes this.
  19. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Alex actually revoked his account and banned him. Alex hardly ever bans anyone, and this is the only instance of him ever revoking a vendor account.

In my dealings with him on here just asking him to follow the site rules he was incredibly belligerent and obnoxious (you know simple stuff like don't post ten threads to take over the dealer section as other dealers would like their stuff to be visible too, don't post promo threads outside of dealers, simple stuff like that). I would literally not take one of his pedals if someone gave it to me and can't even imagine what it would be like trying to get support for something if the way he acted here is typical for him. IMHO YMMV etc etc etc

Pretty sure one of his buddies still posts here so I'm pretty sure we'll get a post telling you what a great guy he is in a few moments :lol:

It depends entirely on the licensing the boards are sold under. A lot of the guys that are making stuff available for DIY guys have clauses in their licensing that they not be used for commercial products.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Blytheryn likes this.
  20. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire tinkerer/aspiring builder/8 string hoarder