Agile Pendulum Pro 82427 EB CP Nat Mahog

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by Oceandrinksboat, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Oceandrinksboat

Oceandrinksboat SS.org Regular

I'm interested in purchasing the Agile Pendulum Pro 82427 EB CP Nat Mahog model, I want to know what the people of SS.org thinks of it.

2. SilentCartographer

SilentCartographer Creator as Observer

2528 ftw, obviously scale length is subjective.I have large hands, so 2427 may work well for ya... although I havent played an Agile mulitscale yet.. Sorry can't be more help, although they have awesome reviewss..just not sure about said specific model.

3. 7JxN7

7JxN7 SS.org Regular

I have the Agile Pendulum Pro 72527 (the 7 string version of what you are looking at pretty much), it's a decent guitar. I have had it for just over a year now and haven't come across any big issues. Construction is good, its a stable guitar. The overall fit and finish I would rate at around 8.5/10 considering what these sell for new.

The only 2 downsides I have noticed with it are 1. the stock pickups are not as good as they could be and 2. My frets seem to be wearing quicker than all my other guitars (currently own 13, no other agiles) and this guitar gets no more play time than any of the others.

They are pretty much the closest to an entry level multi scale on the market, however their price does put them out of what I would consider the entry level range to be.

But in conclusion, mine is solid enough to be reliable, could do with a couple of small mods just to get it sounding/playing a little nicer. But good guitars if you are interested in checking out what the whole multi scale thing is all about.

Also the 24-27 inch scale on that may be more aimed at adding a higher string, not a lower string, however im not sure and it could possibly be used for both

4. Dylana

Dylana Queen of Chug

I think it's an amazing guitar but my only gripe is the natural finish I'm not a big fan of it but if it floats your boat that's good for you (;

5. Oceandrinksboat

Oceandrinksboat SS.org Regular

I've kind of warmed up to the natural look, I love solid colored guitars but this is different.

6. porknchili

porknchili G.A.S.ITIS

I have the 82427 (I think it was one of the first with that scale length and without the extra fretboard chunk left on) and I think that it's pretty damn solid. Obviously, you should change out the pickups or get them rewound. You can put active mount duncans, EMGs, lace 4" or 4.5" death/x bars (4.5" would need a bit of enlarging the pickup route) in it with ease or you could get them rewound (which I might do eventually). Basically, the pickups are 4.21" not including the pickup tabs so anything active mount and above fits without any bad gaps. Also, the fan isn't all that bad once you get the hang of it, although the 24th fret at the 24.5" scale on the high E is a bit smaller than I'm used to.

Overall, as long as there aren't some hidden problems with it (ie: BAD fret buzz, nut problems, etc.) then I'd say go for it.

7. bachandroll

bachandroll SS.org Regular

Do you ever tune with a high A? If so, are you using a standard D'Addario .007? How well does it tolerate bends? How often do you break the high A compared to the high E?

TIA! :)

8. porknchili

porknchili G.A.S.ITIS

I haven't tuned it to high A, yet. However, I think that it would be best to get a .0059 gauge string (octave4plus) instead of a .007. I mean, you probably could use a .007 and it wouldn't shatter baring crazy bends (pretty sure the tension would be like 13.1 lbs at a high G#), but I'd rather a string have lower tension to prevent breaking while bending (I like the tension to be 10 lbs AKA decently loose feeling). As for the high E, I use a .009 and I haven't had one break on me after a year with the guitar.