Agile or Schecter or LTD?

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by JerSim94, Jun 14, 2012.

1. JerSim94

JerSim94 Thallmeister General

I found an Agile Intrepid and an Agile Interceptor that I like a lot for relatively cheap. I also found a Schecter Omen Extreme 6 that I like a lot. And I also found a LTD MH-350NT that I'm in love with. I am 620 bucks from marrying it. That being said, I need some honest help. Which should I get? I want something with a damn good neck and the ability to be dropped to A# well. I'm probably gonna put a 7 string set on it and lose the high E. If anybody can give me some feedback it would be much appreciated.

2. VILARIKA

VILARIKA SS.org Regular

In terms of quality, I believe the ESP LTD would be the best pick, then Schecter, then Agile. Though quality is important, it doesn't mean it will be the best guitar for you. I'd go out and try them if possible. All of these guitars have the ability to be dropped to A#, given the scale length is suited for it.

3. kerska

kerska That guy...

I have an LTD MH-350NT and I was playing it in a drop A tuning and it held up just fine. I would go with the LTD, but that's just my preference and I am pretty biased towards them lol.

I've played both Agiles and Schechters too. I've never really liked Schechter necks, and to me Agiles feel a little bit flimsy. They are all great instruments and they play really well, but to me LTDs feel the most sturdy and I've beaten the hell out of enough of em to say they're solid work horses.

4. bouVIP

bouVIP SS.org Regular

I have had many LTDs since I've started and none of them have every disappointed me in whatever tuning they were in and they all played smoothly too :p

5. Blitzie

Blitzie SS.org Regular

Another one for the LTD. Love them.

6. BaptizedBurning

BaptizedBurning SS.org Regular

There's any LTD MH-350NT on local Craigslist for only $350 and includes a hard case...want so bad, but car tax and car repairs took that money from me. Need some quick fund raising :scream:

7. McBonez

McBonez Banned

Personally, I'll never own an Agile because to me, they feel like toys.

I've played many Schecters and many LTD's and have quite enjoyed them. The LTD's maybe a little over the Schecters.

At the end of the day though, you can't really base your opinion on what us internet chums have to say. The Agile might turn out to be your dream guitar, or vice versa.

Just because one person here likes/dislikes doesn't mean you won't be in absolute love with it.

8. AxeArchangel

AxeArchangel SS.org Regular

I've got a Schecter Omen Extreme 6 tuned in Drop C and I love it. It's my main guitar now playing live and most importantly recording. The tone in the bridge pickup of this guitar is just incredible that's why my band chose it to record all the guitar parts (except for guitar solos/harmonies) on our upcoming EP/Album sort of thing, just be careful of those stock neck pickups cause they're a little bassy. This guitar never disappointed me in any situation. But IMO try the LTD's as well cause they are also amazing guitars (I'm gassing hard for an LTD EC - 1000 or 401 or 407 and might buy them soon). Cheers!

9. M3talh3ad

M3talh3ad SS.org Regular

I have a agile septor 727 and its my 7 string baby. I also have an esp ec-1000 fr which is my 6 string baby. They are both amazing. I would honestly prefer, personally the agile over the ltd 350. If you have $600 to spend you cant go wrong with the agiles. They play extremely well. It would make more sense to me to get a 7 instead of taking off the high E (if i read that correctly) overall though you cannot go wrong with any of the 3 choices. Ive owned several schecters also and they make some quality shit. But ive never played the omen so just check them all out before you buy. Good luck man

10. Jordan Djenital Warts

Jordan Djenital Warts Jordan

IMO Schecter have more class over the others. Without going in depth - it is down to preference...try em out in a store - buy one. Job's a good'un

11. iRaiseTheDead

iRaiseTheDead Ashes Of Rebirth

Do you want a 7 or a 6?
    You could get an Agile 7 for a relatively cheap price. Its pretty quality

12. Black43

Black43 Hated Ibanezes once

IMO (and I may offend a lot of people), Agile guitars feel like Fisher Price childrens toys. The LTD is the pick, I've got a f-350 ATM and it's the most perfect guitar i've ever played. Schecters are decent, but it won't make you grin like the LTD will.

13. sivart

sivart SS.org Regular

ESP LTD is what I would pick if I were you.

14. JStraitiff

JStraitiff Melodic Mamma Jamma

I think 85% of our opinions are based on the brand that we are infatuated with. I personally have a preference for Schecter. But from the sound of it that LTD is what you're most interested in. I say you save for it.

15. 7stringDemon

7stringDemon SS.org Regular

LTD dude.

16. texshred777

texshred777 SS.org Regular

Totally agree. I'm an Ibanez guy, and don't personally care for ESP/LTD but that sounds like what you want. If you've played it, and really are in love with that particular guitar save for it. You'll likely be happier.

17. JerSim94

JerSim94 Thallmeister General

Thanks guys for your insight on the matter. I would go with the LTD... but I am an Ibanez man at heart. And I just found an RGD321 for 500 bucks that I'm probably gonna throw some money at. Thanks again for all the recommendations though!

18. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

19. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

Want a funky scale length? Go Agile...

Otherwise, I'd say--after having played a good few from both camps--that the ESP and Schecter are more or less on par with each other in their low to mid range instruments and it's really going to come down to personal preference as far as feel and aesthetics.

I have owned two Agiles and couldn't be happier with them: an Intrepid 828 EB Spalt and a semicustom Pendulum Pro Dual 82728.

:2c:

20. cakewalkgg

cakewalkgg SS.org Regular

I have 2 LTDS a Shecter 7 and 2 Agiles.. In the "consumer" grade levels.. the Agiles in my opinion are superior instruments and not by a narrow margin