Aftermath and Tone zone combo/ Aesthetics questions

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by crg123, Feb 16, 2013.

1. crg123

crg123 SS.orgLocalArchitect

So I just purchased a BKP Aftermath with the black battleworn finish from C-Pig for a really good deal. I'm going to put it in my PRS copy but I had a question for you guys. Right now I have a Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge and the stock pickup in the neck (which actually isn't that bad). I have a red Dimarzio tone zone in the neck position of my refinished 1988 Hohner SR Devil.

I was curious if the aftermath/ tonezone combo first of all sounds good together and also if the red Tonezone looks good in the neck position or if I should just leave it in the SR Devil.

Here are the pictures of the two guitars:
    88' SR Devil - excuse the old picture
    [​IMG]

Quick mockup of new PRS copy combo - ignore the seven poles on the aftermath >.<

[​IMG]

Opinions?

I think it looks pretty cool in the new guitar but I want to get second opinions. This guitar had served me well since I was 14 (I'm 22 now), even though its been through alot. I figure its time to give her some upgrades. Last upgrade was the gold Grover locking tuners and the new gold strap buttons. I was orginally planning on swapping the bridge for a gold PRS one but considering the bridge works fine a PRS bridge costs the same as the guitar I thought it'd be silly. This guitar's a bit of a mix and match already haha.

splinter8451 likes this.
  2. crg123

Ok I'm not sure why I got neg rep'd for this, not that it matters anyway but the question was basically about the aesthetics haha. I love the tone zone and I've heard great things about the aftermaths. I just wanted to get a second opinion before I swap it.

3. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

I think the mock-up looks pretty cool :shrug:

I say do it. Not only would it look cool, but you'd probably be the first person to use that pickup combo haha not to mention that it would probably sound killer!

4. splinter8451

splinter8451 SS.org Regular

I think it looks good for sure.

The Tone-Zones sound good and would probably be okay with an Aftermath. It may be a little less output.

EDIT: Also wtf is with that neg-rep :lol: someone is an asshole for no reason.

5. crg123

Update: So I'm thinking I might throw my bridge pickup (Dimarzio Evolution), into the neck position of my guitar until I can grab my tonezone from home in a few months.

I was wonder if anyone has ever put a medium-high output bridge pickup into their neck and what were the results? I didn't know if it would be work trying or just have terrible results haha.

Edit: nvm ignore this just did some googling (don't know why I didn't think of it before) but it'd be loud and bassy and prolly sound terrible with the aftermath, which I actually think has lower or similar output if i remember correctly...