AFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by HellGamer666, Apr 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. HellGamer666

HellGamer666 SS.org Regular

Surprised to see so little AFL threads here. Such a great game! I'm a Richmond supporter myself and really enjoyed the win over St. Kilda last night. For anybody who doesn't live in Australia that has any questions about the game, feel free to chime in.

The highlights from last night's game: http://www.afl.com.au/video?guid=534614

Riewoldt is as true blue as vegemite on toast.

2. Estilo

Estilo SS.org Regular

Such timing, I'm working under an Aussie boss now and he's into footy so it'd help if I knew a thing or two!

I spent 4 years in Melbourne but all I know are it's 18 players on each team, a kick through the taller posts gets 6 points and a kick while a kick through the side posts or a throw past any of the posts gets you 1 point and no kick.

And that the main teams are Carlton, West Coast, Hawthorn, Geelong. St Kilda and Sydney's dominance the past 2 years surprised me as they were nobodies when I first went to Melbourne :lol:.

So yeah OP, please enlighten on what a layman needs to know to appreciate footy and understand the stats on the site :).