Aether Realm

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by p0ke, Jun 13, 2017.

1. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

So I've recently gotten into this American Folk/Melodeath band called Aether Realm. Anyone else here into them?
    They just released a new album called Tarot, which is fucking awesome! I believe they also play 7-strings.

I discovered them when Alestorm and Nekrogoblikon advertised a tour on which they also participated. Since I really like both those bands, I figured I might also give Aether Realm a go. They'd released a couple of teaser songs from the new album, and those were the first songs I heard. Then I acquired their debut album and blasted that for a while. When I first heard Tarot, I didn't really get into it straight away, but it was a grower and now I'm totally hooked. Check them out if you haven't heard them before!

2. CookiesForThePoor

CookiesForThePoor SS.org Regular

Yeah, we play 7 strings. Thanks for checking out the album man!

p0ke, NickS and ElysianGuitars like this.
  3. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Our other guitarist introduced them to me some time ago. They are great, just my kind of metal. New album has quite diverse material and is slowly growing indeed. And please, come to Finland as supporting band for some other folk'ish bands.

p0ke likes this.
  4. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Ha, I figured at least one of you has to be on here! Thanks for making the album, it's brilliant. I'd really like to see you guys live too, it's a shame the current Alestorm-tour isn't coming to Finland (Alestorm never do ...).

5. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

It's always a shame... but because touring and transporting is so much easier and cheaper in mainland of Europe. In here you have to come by the sea or fly.

6. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Yeah, true. But you'd still think they have enough fans over here to be profitable ... ? I know about 300 people who'd come see Alestorm right of the bat if they came to Finland... Oh well. I guess we just need to complain more to the people arranging concerts over here and ask them to book these bands...

EDIT:

Haha, I just emailed the CEO of Finnish Metal Events (the organizer of Tuska etc.) and asked whether they could arrange a show in Finland for the Alestorm + Aether Realm tour :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  7. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Wow, he even replied :) Apparently they're working on it already! He didn't say anything more though, but at least there's hope of getting them here someday :)

Metropolis likes this.
  8. stevexc

stevexc Laura Like Butter

Was listening to this album this morning, I gotta say I'm hooked. Awesome stuff.

9. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

This album is f**king great!