According to my local Guitar Center you can get a COW7...

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by wannabguitarist, Sep 29, 2008.

1. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

for $699+ tax. I called them up today asked about the beat up floor model they've had for months and the guy said he'll try finding it and call me back. they didn't have the floor model but he said they can order another one for $699. I asked him about the price increases and he said they seemed to go back down :shrug:

Anyone else heard this?

2. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

Havnt heard a thing.

3. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

If you can get one for $700 go for it :lol: that is a smokin price for a new one, seeing as Drum city Guitar Land is asking for $1,050

4. wannabguitarist

It's tempting, I'd have to get rid of my RG7420 first

How hard would it be to route for a neck pickup?

5. twiztedchild

twiztedchild Banned

Ok, so how much is this guitar? retail? :scratch:

and also whats so good bout them? Just wondering, I never tryed one.

6. Sebastian

Sebastian Poland CEO / RHLC ©

700$ .. good price for a new one :yesway:

7. Harry

Harry Doom man of Doom. Contributor

I've never seen the ones with the Red finish before, looks rather nice.

8. twiztedchild

twiztedchild Banned

my next question is "That model guitar center said they could get is a 7 string?"

9. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

Mahogany neck & archtop body, ebony board.. slim body too, so they weigh barely anything and sound better. Incredible fit and finish. They are a made in japan guitar that is on par with any of the ESP standard series (the new ones anyway - the older black ones aren't quite as good). They play incredibly well too, and they look extremely metal.

10. twiztedchild

twiztedchild Banned

cool I always wanted to pick one up but I always hea bad things about them (mainly the single pickup deal)

11. Naren

Naren OldschoolGhettostyle

:squint: Where have you heard anything bad about them? I've heard NOTHING but good things about them. And the other guitarist in my band plays one and it looks absolutely gorgeous. The only negative thing he's ever said about it is that when he plays his Ibanez after playing the COW, he realizes just how insanely easy to play the Ibanez is.

I've played it myself and on top of being a gorgeous guitar, it's got great action, great tone, and just sounds really nice as well. I think his S7320 plays better, but I can't imagine how you could hear bad things about them...

As for the single pickup thing, I personally use the neck pickup for solos in about 4 of my bands songs, but for live shows, I guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal just using the bridge pickup for everything.

12. twiztedchild

twiztedchild Banned

well the only three bad things i heard (That I can remember) were from this site, 1. Oversized headstock = Ugly 2. Single Coil pick up 3. no tone knobs.

and TBH the only thing I found that I dont like is that Big ass headstock :lol: but those are it. I guess. so maybe not "BAd" things.

I wouldnt have a prolem with the EMG or the No tone knob. But like I said I never can try one out becuase noone carrys them

13. Naren

Naren OldschoolGhettostyle

1. This is completely opinionated. This is the first time I've heard anyone say they didn't like the headstock. I personally think it's awesome.
    2. I don't know what you're talking about here. The COW7 does not have any single coil pickups. :confused: It has a single EMG707, which is one of my favorite pickups and one of the best and most popular for metal.
    3. Again, most people actually like not having a tone knob, since specifically in metal, most guitarists always have the tone knob at 10. While I prefer having 2 pickups, I don't really need a tone knob. Not having a tone knob can actually improve the tone of a guitar.

14. twiztedchild

twiztedchild Banned

I know :lol: I was half asleep when i posted that I meant single pick up.

and Yeah I never messed with the tone knobs on any of my guitars.

I like it Reversed, The Headstock.
    I don't mind the EMG or single EMG because I too only really use the bridge pickup now.

So I guess the other thing I heard but I'm not sure about is the Neck. I started out playing Ibanez 7 strings and Now that i have the LTD I kind of figure it wont be a problem anyways now. :lol: I also played the SChectcer Hellraiser 7 string. and that neck even though it felt fat didn't bother me either. so I guess I cant find anything wrong with it. Unlike the SC 7 strings (some of them) with the SRC inlay.

So I think I should try and get one of these one day when I have the money :lol::cool:

15. wannabguitarist

Well shit:scratch:, I asked if it was a seven like three times during the conversation. Well it's Guitar Center so it wouldn't surprise me if he gave me the price for the six.

16. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

The COW7 silver burst with the Duncan Blackout neck pup in the bridge was the only guitar with active pups that I've actually liked :agreed:

17. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I've always thought this was funny, no TONE knob = better TONE.

18. leonardo7

leonardo7 Banned

He means that in his opinion using a tone knob makes the tone worse and by not having the option for a tone knob you are in essence not having the option to make your tone worse which means that its a guarantee that your tone will be good, therefore no tone knob means a guarantee of better tone due to at least the tone knob not being responsible for bad tone? Im thinking of having a Carvin built with no tone knob and only a volume knob and only a bridge pickup. Id like to get a COW 7. How is the neck compared to a Carvin or more importantly, an Ibanez cause really, Im an Ibanez guy.

19. twiztedchild

twiztedchild Banned

I want to know about the neck also.

I know:lol: the one hear is selling a used LTD for $600 but new the same model is $379